AnyMovieSearch will alter your browser’s settings which is why it is considered to be a hijacker. Freeware sometimes have some type of items attached, and when people don’t unmark them, they’re allowed to install. These kinds of threats are why you need to pay attention to what applications you install, and how you do it.
Hijackers aren’t classified to be harmful but their activity does raise a few questions. For one, they alter browser’s settings so that the pages they are promoting are set as your home web page and new tabs. What you will also find is that your search is modified, and it may insert advertisement links into results. This is done so that the hijacker might redirect you to advertisement websites, and the web page owners can earn income from traffic and advertisements. You should also be aware that if you get redirected to a dangerous page, you can easily get your operating system infected with a malicious threat. And a malware infection would bring about much more damage. Hijackers tend to pretend they have useful features but you could find legitimate plug-ins doing the same thing, which won’t reroute you to random malicious program. You won’t always notice this but browser hijackers are tracking your activity and collecting information so that more customized sponsored content could be created. Questionable third-parties may also be capable of accessing that data. And the sooner you remove AnyMovieSearch, the better.
What does AnyMovieSearch do
You possibly got the hijacker was when you were installing free applications. They are unnecessary and very invasive infections, so we doubt anyone would knowingly installed them. If users were more attentive when they install software, this method wouldn’t be as effective. You have to pay attention because items tend to hide, and by not noticing them, you are authorizing them to install. Selecting Default mode would be a mistake since they’ll not authorize you to deselect anything. Choose Advanced (Custom) settings when you are installing something, and you’ll see the attached offers. Unchecking all the offers would be the best choice, unless you want to have to deal with unwanted installations. And until you have done that, do not continue the installation. Even if these are not high-level threats, they are very annoying to deal with and may give problems when trying to get rid of it, so it’s best if you stop their threat initially. Additionally, you need to be more cautious about where you get your programs from as questionable sources can lead to malware infections.
How to eliminate AnyMovieSearch
Since you now know what kind of threat you have to deal with, you may uninstall AnyMovieSearch. While you have two options when it comes to disposing of the browser hijacker, by hand and automatic, you should pick the one best suiting your knowledge about computers. Keep in mind that you’ll have to identify the reroute virus yourself if you pick the former method. The process itself isn’t hard, albeit rather time-consuming, but you are welcome to use the below presented instructions. If you follow them step-by-step, you should not encounter problems. If the instructions are not clear, or if you are otherwise struggling with the process, choosing the other option would benefit you more. The other option is to download anti-spyware software and have do everything for you. If it identifies the infection, allow it to eliminate it. You can now try to alter browser’s settings, if you succeed, it means you terminated the infection. If they are reversed again to the redirect virus’s site, you must have missed something and did not entirely terminate the infection. If you take the time to install programs properly in the future, you will avoid these annoying situations in the future. Good tech habits can do a lot in keeping a system clean.
Download Removal Toolto scan for AnyMovieSearchUse our recommended removal tool to scan for AnyMovieSearch. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like AnyMovieSearch and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall AnyMovieSearch and related programs.
Remove AnyMovieSearch from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall AnyMovieSearch from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete AnyMovieSearch from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove AnyMovieSearch from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for AnyMovieSearch or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete AnyMovieSearch from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase AnyMovieSearch from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove AnyMovieSearch from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall AnyMovieSearch from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable AnyMovieSearch and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.