Does IPVanish still work with Netflix in 2023? Yes, IPVanish does work with Netflix in 2023. If you are an IPVanish VPN user, you can easily use it to unblock Netflix libraries, such as Netflix US or Netflix Canada. The VPN is not only an excellent tool in general but it’s also great at unblocking streaming services.
Streaming services like Netflix give users access to content depending on where they are located, as you are likely fully aware. It can get quite annoying for users in certain regions because they pay money only to get less content than users in the US or Canada, for example.
These geographical restrictions depend on various licensing agreements, which streaming services do not necessarily have control over. But whatever the reasons for the restrictions may be, users get annoyed by this and turn to VPNs. VPNs are the perfect tools for this job because they allow users to spoof their locations and appear in any location where the VPN has servers.
While IPVanish is not a VPN that is always recommended for streaming, it’s still a great option. Besides having all the necessary security features, it’s also fast, with a large network of servers.
How to use IPVanish with Netflix
- Use IPVanish’s official website to download the VPN.
- Install IPVanish, create an account, and buy a subscription if necessary.
- Open IPVanish and connect to a server of your choice.
- Open Netflix and enjoy the unlocked content.
Does IPVanish unblock Netflix’s US library?
One of the most common questions about streaming with IPVanish is whether it can unblock Netflix’s US library. The answer to this is yes, IPVanish VPN can unblock Netflix’s US library. In addition to this, IPVanish will also allow users to access Netflix’s UK, France, Australia, Canada, and Japan libraries.
IPVanish Netflix not working?
When using a VPN with Netflix, it’s not uncommon for the streaming service to detect VPN usage and block access to its services until the VPN is disconnected.
When Netflix detects that a user is using a VPN, it usually shows the following screens:
“Oops, something went wrong… Streaming Error. You seem to be using an unblocker or proxy. Please turn off any of these services and try again.”
“You seem to be using an unblocker or proxy. Please turn off any of these services and try again. Error Code M7111-5059.”
There are several things you can try to make IPVanish work with Netflix.
- Switch to a different IPVanish server
Switching to a different IPVanish server is one of the easiest solutions to the Netflix Error Code M7111-5059 issue. If you are getting errors when trying to stream, it likely means that Netflix has identified the server’s IP address as one that belongs to a VPN. So simply switching to a different server should solve the issue. IPVanish has a lot of servers so you will be able to find one that works pretty easily.
- Try clearing your browser’s cookies/cache
If you cannot make IPVanish work and you’re still getting your local content instead of a different library, your cookies may be the problem. All kinds of information, including your location, is stored in your browser. So websites like Netflix can get your actual location from your cookies. If that is the issue, it’s easily solvable because all you have to do is clear your cookies/cache.
If you do not know how to do that, use the instructions provided below.
Clear cookies on Google Chrome:
- Google Chrome -> Menu (three dots in the top right corner) -> More Tools -> Clear browsing data.
- Tick the boxes that say “Cookies and other site data” and “Cached images and files”.
- Select “All time” from the drop-down Time range menu.
- Click Clear data.
Clear cookies on Mozilla Firefox:
- Mozilla Firefox -> Menu (the three bars in the top right corner) -> Settings -> Privacy and Security.
- Cookies and Site data -> Clear Data.
- Select what you want to delete and click Clear now.
Clear cookies on Safari:
- Safari -> Preferences -> Privacy -> Manage Website Data.
- Click Remove all to delete all cookies.
- Click Done.
Clear cookies on Microsoft Edge:
- Microsoft Edge -> Menu (the three dots on the top right corner) -> Cookies and site permissions -> Manage and delete cookies and site data.
- Click See all cookies and site data.
- Click Remove all.
- Switch to a different protocol
Switching to a different tunneling protocol may also help fix the Netflix Error Code M7111-5059. IPVanish allows you to switch protocols in settings, so select a different protocol and then try using Netflix.
- Contact Customer Support
If you cannot make IPVanish work with Netflix no matter what you do, we recommend contacting IPVanish’s customer support. If you explain to them the issue as well as all the fixes you’ve tried, they should be able to help you.