What is FreeSearchConverters
FreeSearchConverters redirect virus may be to blame for the modified browser’s settings, and it might have infected via freeware packages. The threat was possibly added to a free software as an additional offer, and because you did not deselect it, it installed. Similar infections are why it is essential that you pay attention to how applications are installed. Hijackers are not thought to be dangerous themselves but they do act in an unwanted way. For one, they alter browser’s settings so that their promoted websites are set as your homepages and new tabs.
Your search engine will also be altered, and it may be able to manipulate search results and inject sponsored content into them. Redirect viruses will reroute you to sponsored pages in order to generate traffic for them, which permits their owners to earn income from advertisements. You need to be careful with those redirects because one of them may redirect you to a malicious program infection. And malicious software could be much more severe compared to this. You may find the redirect virus’s provided features beneficial but you ought to know that they can be found in proper plug-ins as well, which do not put your operating system in jeopardy. More personalized content will also start appearing, and in case you’re wondering why, the browser redirect is following what your browse, so that it could know about your habits. Furthermore, unrelated third-parties could be given access to that info. If you want to avoid unpleasant consequences, you ought to promptly remove FreeSearchConverters.
How does FreeSearchConverters behave
It’s a known fact that hijackers come along with free program packages. We do not think that people would pick to install them willingly, so freeware bundles is the most feasible method. If people started paying closer attention to how they install software, these threats would not spread so widely. Those items are usually hidden when you install applications, and if you aren’t paying attention, you’ll miss them, which means they will be allowed to install. Default mode will hide the offers, and by choosing them, you might infect your computer with all kinds of unfamiliar offers. You need to uncheck the offers, and they will only be apparent in Advanced or Custom settings. You are encouraged to deselect all the items. After you deselect all the offers, you can continue installing the free application. Having to deal with these infections could be very aggravating so you would save yourself a lot of time and effort by initially stopping them. You also have to be more attentive about where you get your software from because by opting for suspicious sources, you’re increasing your chances of obtaining an infection.
Redirect virus infections are very noticeable, even by non computer-savvy people. You will notice alterations performed to your browsers, such as an unfamiliar web page set as your homepage/new tabs, and the hijacker won’t need your consent to carry out those changes. Major browsers like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox will likely be affected. The web page will greet you every time your browser is launched, and this will go on until you eliminate FreeSearchConverters from your OS. Altering the settings back would a wild-goose chase since the redirect virus will change them again. There is also a likelihood that your search engine will be changed, which would mean that every time you use the browser’s address bar to search for something, results would be generated not from your set search engine but from the hijacker’s promoted one. It will likely be implanting advertisement content into the results so that you would be rerouted. Hijackers will reroute to sponsored websites as their aim is to help owners make money. When more users engage with adverts, owners can make more income. If you press on those pages, you’ll notice that they seldom have anything to do with what you were searching for. In some cases, they could appear legitimate, so if you were to search for something ambiguous, like ‘anti-virus’ or ‘computer’, results with doubtful hyperlinks might come up but you would not notice initially. You can even be redirected to pages that have malware on them. Redirect viruses also like to follow how users use the Internet, gathering certain data. You need to find out if unfamiliar third-parties will also gain access to the data, who may use it to create ads. After some time, you may notice that the sponsored results are more personalized, if the browser hijacker uses the acquired info. Ensure you eliminate FreeSearchConverters before more dangerous infections come your way. And after you complete the process, there should be no issues with changing browser’s settings.
While the infection is not as severe as some others, we still suggest that you uninstall FreeSearchConverters sooner rather than later. Depending on how much experience you have with computers, you may pick from by hand and automatic methods to rid your machine of the redirect virus. By hand method means you will have to do everything yourself, including finding the threat. If you are not sure how to proceed, scroll down to see the guidelines. The guidelines are provided in a understandable and precise manner so there should not be issues. This method may not be the correct choice if you have no prior experience dealing with this kind of thing. Downloading spyware removal software to take care of the infection may best if that is the case. Spyware elimination software should be able to pinpoint the infection and deal with it without problems. Try modifying your browser’s settings, if what you change is not reversed, the uninstallation process was a success. However, if the hijacker’s site still persists to be your home website, the redirect virus was not entirely eliminated. Now that you have realized how irritating browser hijacker could be, try to block them. Good tech habits can do a lot in keeping your computer out of trouble.
Download Removal Toolto scan for FreeSearchConvertersUse our recommended removal tool to scan for FreeSearchConverters. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like FreeSearchConverters and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall FreeSearchConverters and related programs.
Remove FreeSearchConverters from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall FreeSearchConverters from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete FreeSearchConverters from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove FreeSearchConverters from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for FreeSearchConverters or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete FreeSearchConverters from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase FreeSearchConverters from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove FreeSearchConverters from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall FreeSearchConverters from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable FreeSearchConverters and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.