What is Link2captcha.top virus
Link2captcha.top virus refers to notifications spammed by Link2captcha.top on users’ desktops. It’s technically not a virus, but rather a case of a dubious website misusing a legitimate website to show users’ ads. The feature allows sites to show notifications on users’ screens if they get users’ permission. However, while legitimate sites would show useful content, websites like Link2captcha.top only display spammy ads. Interacting with those ads is not a good idea because you could be exposed to malware and other potentially harmful content. You should remove the site’s permission to display advertisements as soon as possible.
Link2captcha.top does not have anything on it, besides an image of a robot and a message saying you need to allow notifications. Immediately upon entering the site, you will be shown a browser alert saying “Link2captcha.top wants to show notifications”. If you click “Allow”, the site will be able to show you notifications. In general, you will get content that you may find interesting when you authorize a genuine website to show notifications. However, because Link2captcha.top is a highly questionable website, the content that it displays on your desktop will also be questionable. It will mostly be ads. Some of those ads might be harmful and expose you to scams and even malware.
It’s safe to allow trustworthy websites to show push alerts. The notifications may occasionally be useful to you. For instance, if you frequently visit a particular news website, you can allow it to display notifications so that you can view important news right on your desktop. You can easily cancel the permission if you’d like to stop receiving notifications on your desktop.
We suggest you check your computer for an adware infection in case that’s what triggers the redirects. If you get redirected only when you browse certain websites, install an adblocker program.
Random redirects may signal an adware infection
Users may find themselves redirected to websites like Link2captcha.top for a few different reasons. Usually, users’ visits to dubious websites are what trigger the redirects. Many websites fall under the category of high-risk because of the dubious and sometimes harmful advertisements they expose users to. For example, sites that have pirated or pornographic content are usually classified as high-risk due to the redirects that occur when users interact with anything on those sites. You should set up an adblocker program to fix this and stop getting redirected. Adblockers are extremely helpful tools that greatly improve the browsing experience.
Adware might also trigger redirects. Adware is a pretty benign infection that mostly exposes users to ads. Because it doesn’t really endanger the computer, it isn’t regarded as a harmful infection. It is, however, a very annoying infection. Additionally, such infections install through deceptive methods, particularly software bundling. Adware and browser hijackers can be added to free software as extra offers via this method. These offers are initially concealed and are allowed to install without needing any additional authorization. Although the offers are technically optional, users need to manually deselect them to prevent installation. However, because the offers are hidden in settings users don’t normally use, users frequently struggle to deselect them. Programs that use this installation technique are generally flagged as potential threats by anti-virus programs.
You can easily prevent these unwanted installations if you pay attention when installing free software. During program installation, you will be given the choice between Basic (Default) settings and Advanced settings. Although the installation window will advise you to use Default settings, doing so will allow all added offers to install automatically alongside. If you select Advanced settings, all of the added offers will be unhidden. The offers will be clearly visible and you will have the option to deselect what you do not want. Because you won’t find any of the extra offers to be particularly useful, it is normally advised to always deselect all of them. They only clutter up your computer and create problems. Additionally, the offers are difficult to remove once installed and are pretty annoying. It is far easier to uncheck a few boxes during program installation.
How to stop Link2captcha.top virus ads
Notifications from shady websites shouldn’t be displayed on your desktop. If you gave Link2captcha.top permission, we strongly recommend you revoke it. It’s not difficult to do if you know how to use your browser’s settings. If you’re unsure of what to do, you can follow the instructions provided below. Not just Link2captcha.top, but also any other questionable websites should be deleted from the list of sites that have permission.
- Mozilla Firefox: Open the menu (the three bars at the top-right corner), click Options, then Privacy & Security. Scroll down to Permissions, press Settings next to Notifications, and remove Link2captcha.top and any other questionable websites from the list. It’s possible to permanently turn off push notification requests by checking the “Block new requests asking to allow notifications” box in the same Notifications settings.
- Google Chrome: Open the menu (the three dots top-right corner), then Settings, then Privacy and security, then Site Settings. Click on Notifications under Permissions, and remove Link2captcha.top and any other questionable websites from the list. It’s possible to permanently turn off push notification requests by toggling off “Sites can ask to send notifications”.
- Microsoft Edge: Open the menu (the three dots top-right corner), then Settings, then Cookies and site permissions, then Notifications. Review which sites have permission and remove Link2captcha.top and any other questionable websites from the list. It’s possible to permanently turn off push notification requests by toggling off “Ask before sending”.
We also advise doing a scan of your computer with an anti-virus program in case the redirects are triggered by an adware infection. If it is adware, you won’t be able to stop the redirects until you remove it from your computer.
The redirects may also be triggered by the websites you visit. An adblocker program would stop all redirects and other ads, so you will definitely have a better browsing experience with it. An adblocking program will be especially handy when visiting high-risk websites.
Download Removal Toolto scan for Link2captcha.topUse our recommended removal tool to scan for Link2captcha.top. Trial version of provides detection of computer threats like Link2captcha.top and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Link2captcha.top and related programs.
Remove Link2captcha.top from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Link2captcha.top from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Link2captcha.top from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Link2captcha.top from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Link2captcha.top or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Link2captcha.top from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Link2captcha.top from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Link2captcha.top from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Link2captcha.top from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Link2captcha.top and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.