What kind of infection are you dealing with
SearchConverters hijacker may be accountable for the altered browser’s settings, and it could have infected together with freeware. The infection was most likely adjoined to a free application as an additional offer, and because you didn’t untick it, it installed. If you want to block these kinds of irritating infections, be cautious about what kind of programs you install. Browser hijackers are not categorized to be harmful themselves but they do perform a lot of unwanted activity.
You’ll notice that instead of the normal homepage and new tabs, your browser will now load a different page. Your search engine will also be altered into one that might inject sponsored content among the real results. Browser hijackers aim to reroute users to advertisement pages so as to generate traffic for them, which permits owners income. Some people end up with malware through these kinds of reroutes because some browser hijackers are able to redirect to malicious program-ridden sites. Malware is a much more serious threat and it could bring about more dire consequences. If you find the hijacker’s supplied features handy, you ought to know that they can be found in legitimate plug-ins as well, which do not put your computer in danger. More customized content will also start appearing, and if you’re wondering why, the redirect virus is tracking your browsing and collecting information about you. It wouldn’t be unusual if that information was shared with third-parties too. All of this is why it’s essential that you eliminate SearchConverters.
What do I need to know about these threats
It is a known fact that hijackers travel along with free program packages. It is unlikely that you got it in any other way, as no one would install them knowing what they are. If users started paying closer attention to how they install applications, this method wouldn’t be so effective. To block their installation, you must unmark them, but since they are hidden, they might not be noticed if you rush. By opting to use Default mode, you could be permitting authorizing the installation of all kinds of unwanted programs, so it would be best if you opted out of using them. Make sure you always pick Advanced (Custom) mode, as only there will extra items not be concealed. Unchecking all the boxes would be the best choice, unless you want to have to deal with unfamiliar installations. And until you do, do not continue the installation. Having to deal with these infections could be troublesome so you would save yourself a lot of time and effort if you initially prevented them. You also have to be more cautious about where you get your programs from because questionable sources boost your chances of getting an infection.
When a browser redirect is installed, it is pretty noticeable. Alterations to your browser will be carried out without consent, mainly you’ll have a new home web page/new tabs, and your search engine may also be different. Popular browsers including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox will probably be altered. The web page will greet you every time you launch your browser, and this will continue until you terminate SearchConverters from your machine. Modifying the settings back would a wild-goose chase since the browser redirect will overrule them. Hijackers also modify default search engines, so it wouldn’t be surprising if when you look for something via browser address bar, a weird page will load. Be careful of advertisement content implanted among the results as you might be redirected. Those redirects are happening because redirect viruses are aiding certain web page owners earn more money by boosting their traffic. When more users engage with advertisements, owners are able to make more money. Frequently those sites do not actually have anything to do with what you are were initially searching for. Some of the results may seem valid in the beginning but if you pay attention, you ought to be able to differentiate them. During one these redirects you might even acquire an infection, since those websites might be sheltering malicious program. Browser redirects also tend to monitor peoples’ Internet usage, collecting certain information. You should to find out if unfamiliar third-parties will also get access to the information, who might use it to create ads. After a while, you might realize that the sponsored content is more customized, if the redirect virus uses the acquired data. For all the reasons mentioned above you should erase SearchConverters. Since the reroute virus will no longer be there to stop you, after you complete the process, make sure you undo the redirect virus’s carried out alterations.
Ways to uninstall SearchConverters
Now that it is clear how the infection is affecting your PC, proceed to remove SearchConverters. While there are two methods to dispose of the browser hijacker, manual and automatic, you ought to pick the one best matching your experience with computers. If you opt to go with the former, you will have to locate the infection yourself. The process itself isn’t hard, albeit more time-consuming than you might have initially thought, but you’re welcome to make use of the below supplied guidelines. By following the instructions, you should not have issues with trying to get rid of it. However, if you aren’t very computer-savvy, the other option might be better for you. In that case, obtain anti-spyware software, and have it take care of everything. If it spots the infection, allow it to terminate it. Try modifying your browser’s settings, if what you modify isn’t reversed, the threat should no longer be present. If the page still loads every time you open your browser, even after you have modified your home website, the hijacker was not fully terminated and was able to recover. It is pretty aggravating dealing with these types of infections, so better block their installation in the first place, which means you should be more vigilant when installing software. Good tech habits can do a lot in keeping a system clean.
Download Removal Toolto scan for SearchConvertersUse our recommended removal tool to scan for SearchConverters. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like SearchConverters and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall SearchConverters and related programs.
Remove SearchConverters from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall SearchConverters from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete SearchConverters from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove SearchConverters from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for SearchConverters or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete SearchConverters from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase SearchConverters from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove SearchConverters from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall SearchConverters from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable SearchConverters and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.