What type of infection are you dealing with
YourSearchConverter will carry out changes to your browser which is why it is categorized as a browser hijacker. The infection was most likely attached to a free application as an additional offer, and because you didn’t deselect it, it installed. It’s important that you are careful during program installation because otherwise, these kinds of infections will install over and over again. Redirect viruses are quite low-level infections they do behave in an unnecessary way. Your browser’s homepage and new tabs will be set to load the browser hijacker’s advertised page instead of your normal website.
Your search engine will also be modified and it could be inserting sponsored links into search results. If you press on such a result, you’ll be led to weird pages, whose owners are attempting to make money from traffic. Do keep in mind that reroutes may lead a malware infection. And malicious software would cause much more harm. You might find the redirect virus’s provided features helpful but you ought to know that you can find reliable add-ons with the same features, which do not put your machine in jeopardy. You might happen upon more personalized sponsored content in the results, and it is because the redirect virus is tracking your searchers in the background, gathering information about your activity. That information can also fall into dubious third-party hands. And the faster you erase YourSearchConverter, the less time the redirect virus will have to affect your computer.
How does YourSearchConverter behave
You likely ran into the redirect virus accidentally, when you were installing free applications. It is dubious that users would install them willingly, so freeware packages is the most likely method. If people were more attentive when they install programs, these infections would not be able to spread so much. You need to pay attention as items tend to hide, and by not seeing them, you’re essentially giving them permission to install. Selecting Default mode would be a mistake as they will not display anything. You must uncheck the offers, and they will only be apparent in Advanced (Custom) settings. Unmarking all the boxes would be the best choice, unless you want to have to deal with unnecessary installations. You should only continue with the program installation after you have deselected everything. Having to deal with these threats can be troublesome so you would save yourself a lot of time and effort by initially blocking them. In addition, you need to be more cautious about where you get your programs from as suspicious sources could bring a lot of trouble.
The only good thing about hijackers is that they’re very noticeable. Your search engine, new tabs and homepage will be different, and the browser redirect will not need your consent to carry out those alterations. It’s possible that it will affect all of the major browsers, like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. And until you delete YourSearchConverter from the system, the site will load every time your browser is launched. Do not waste time attempting to alter the settings back as the redirect virus will just overrule your alterations. If your search engine is modified, every time you search for something through browser’s address bar or the provided search box, your results would be made by that engine. Be cautious of sponsored links inserted among the results because you could be rerouted. These types of infections have a purpose of increasing traffic for certain web pages so that owners could make income from ads. More traffic helps websites since more people are likely to engage with the ads. Frequently those web pages don’t actually have anything to do with what you are were initially searching for. Some could seem legitimate, if you were to search for ‘anti-malware’, it’s possible you could encounter results for pages promoting shady products but they might look entirely real in the beginning. Redirect viruses do not check those pages for malware, therefore you could be redirected to a page that could launch a malicious software download onto your device. In addition, the browser hijacker may also be following how you use the Internet and collecting certain kind of information about you. Some browser hijackers share the info with unfamiliar parties, and it is used advertisements purposes. After a while, you may realize that the sponsored content is more personalized, if the reroute virus uses the acquired information. We recommend you to terminate YourSearchConverter as it pretty useless to you. You should also reverse the altered settings after you have finished the process.
How to uninstall YourSearchConverter
Since you now realize how the contamination is affecting your PC, erase YourSearchConverter. While there are two ways to dispose of the browser hijacker, manual and automatic, you should pick the one best suiting your knowledge about computers. By hand method includes you locating the threat and taking care of it yourself. If you’re unsure of how to proceed, scroll down to the instructions. The guidelines are quite coherent so there should not be issues. If the instructions are not clear, or if the process itself is giving you problems, the other method might be more suitable for you. You could acquire spyware removal software and have it dispose of the infection for you. Those programs are created with the aim of terminating infections like this, so you should not encounter any problems. Try to modify your browser’s settings, if you succeed, it means you gotten rid of the threat. The threat is still present on your machine if your browser loads the same page. Now that you’ve realized how annoying browser hijacker can be, you should try to avoid them. In order to have an uncluttered system, good habits are a must.
Download Removal Toolto scan for YourSearchConverterUse our recommended removal tool to scan for YourSearchConverter. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like YourSearchConverter and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall YourSearchConverter and related programs.
Remove YourSearchConverter from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall YourSearchConverter from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete YourSearchConverter from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove YourSearchConverter from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for YourSearchConverter or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete YourSearchConverter from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase YourSearchConverter from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove YourSearchConverter from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall YourSearchConverter from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable YourSearchConverter and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.