What is About Outbyte PC Repair
Outbyte PC Repair is advertised as a system optimization program that can fix potential computer performance issues, free up disk space, and protect your privacy when you’re browsing the Internet. Due to the program’s past questionable distribution methods, it was detected by some anti-virus programs as a potentially unwanted program (PUP). However, it has since fixed its issues, been approved by AppEsteem, and can now be safely used by those who wish to improve their computer’s performance.
While the program is nothing out of the ordinary and has functionality found in many other system optimization programs, it can be useful in some situations. It should be mentioned that while it’s safe to use, there still are a couple of anti-virus programs that detect Outbyte PC Repair as a PUP. That is likely because of some affiliates’ deceptive marketing practices.
The program will detect issues on your computer that may be impacting its performance, free up space by deleting unused files, repair corrupt files, and protect your privacy when you’re browsing the Internet.
Even if it is safe, if you have decided to remove Outbyte PC Repair, you can do it quite easily. Instructions will be provided at the end if you need help.
Outbyte PC Repair distribution methods
One of the reasons Outbyte PC Repair was classified as a potentially unwanted program is that it used deceptive installation methods, including software bundling and fake pop-ups.
Software bundling is a method used by many deceptive programs as it allows programs to install without explicit permission from users. Previously, Outbyte PC Repair often came attached to free programs as an extra offer, and many users accidentally installed it. When something is added to freeware, that something is permitted to install alongside automatically. To prevent these unwanted installations, you need to use Advanced settings during freeware installation and deselect the boxes of all offers. However, Outbyte PC Repair does not appear to be distributed this way anymore, unless it is done by affiliates.
Outbyte PC Repair also used fake pop-ups to install. These fake alerts often appear when visiting questionable websites. They claim that the computer is infected with some kind of malware and needs to be cleaned, as well as provide a link to download a supposed security program. Because this is a very deceptive method that makes false claims about malware infections, programs that use it are usually detected as potential threats. However, it appears that Outbyte PC Repair is no longer distributed this way.
The program is now advertised using legitimate means and can be downloaded from its official website, as well as other reliable download sites.
More information about Outbyte PC Repair
Outbyte PC Repair was never classified as malicious, so it was unable to harm the computer. Nor is it dangerous now. If you install it, it will detect various issues that may be negatively impacting your computer’s performance.
While Outbyte PC Repair does not appear to show deceptive results, keep in mind that many similar programs use fake scan results to trick you into buying their full versions which are necessary to clean the detected issues. Whenever you install a system optimizer and scan your computer, carefully check the results to make sure they are actually legitimate.
Lastly, we should mention that Outbyte PC Repair will not collect or share your personal information. It does retain the information you provide during the payment process but it will not sell or share it with third parties.
Outbyte PC Repair removal
If you decide to remove Outbyte PC Repair from your computer, you should be able to do it manually fairly easily. We will provide instructions below to help you. You can also uninstall Outbyte PC Repair using anti-virus software since some programs detect it as a PUP.
Download Removal Toolto scan for Outbyte PC RepairUse our recommended removal tool to scan for Outbyte PC Repair. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Outbyte PC Repair and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Outbyte PC Repair and related programs.
Remove Outbyte PC Repair from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Outbyte PC Repair from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Outbyte PC Repair from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Outbyte PC Repair from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Outbyte PC Repair or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Outbyte PC Repair from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Outbyte PC Repair from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Outbyte PC Repair from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Outbyte PC Repair from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Outbyte PC Repair and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.