About PDFConverter hijackers
PDFConverter hijacker could be accountable for the alterations performed to your browser, and it must have invaded your OS through free application bundles. Browser hijackers sometimes come along with free software, and can install without the user actually seeing. Such threats are why it is crucial that you pay attention to what software you install, and how you do it. This is not a severe threat but because of its unnecessary behavior, you’ll want to get rid of it as soon as possible.
You will find that instead of the normal home web page and new tabs, your browser will now load the hijacker’s promoted page. Your search engine will also be changed into one that could inject advertisement content among the real results. If you click on such a result, you will be redirected to weird sites, whose owners get money from increased traffic. Some users end up with malicious program via these kinds of reroutes since some hijackers are able to reroute to sites that are full of malicious programs. The malicious software infection that you could get might cause much more severe outcomes, so make sure that does not happen. You might consider hijackers handy but the features that they offer could be found in reliable extensions, ones that won’t attempt to redirect you. You’ll see more personalized content appearing, and if you are wondering why, the browser hijacker is overseeing what your browse, so that it could know about your activity. That information can also end up in suspicious third-party hands. If you wish to prevent it affecting your computer further, you should immediately erase PDFConverter.
What does PDFConverter do
You possibly came across the hijacker unknowingly, when you were installing freeware. Since these are very aggravating infections, we highly doubt you got it knowing what it is. Because users do not pay attention to application installation processes, browser redirects and similar infections may be spread. The items are hidden and by rushing you loose all chance of seeing them, and you not seeing them means their installation will be permitted. Do not use Default mode because they will permit unwanted installations. Advanced or Custom mode, on the other hand, will display you those items. It’s recommended that you uncheck all the items. And until you do, do not continue with the free program installation. Even if these are petty threats, they are quite annoying to deal with and can give difficulty when attempting to get rid of it, so it’s best if you stop their threat initially. In addition, be more careful about where you get your programs from as dubious sources can bring a lot of trouble.
Redirect virus infections are very noticeable, even by users who do not have much experience with computers. Without your explicit authorization, it will perform modifications to your browser, setting your home web page, new tabs and search engine to a site its advertising. All main browsers will probably be altered, such as Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. And unless you first delete PDFConverter from the operating system, the page will load every time you open your browser. Your first course of action may be to reverse the changes but bear in mind that the hijacker will just modify everything again. Browser hijackers also alter default search engines, so do not be surprised if when you look for something via browser address bar, a strange web page will greet you. Clicking on any of those results is not recommended because you will end up on sponsored pages. These kinds of infections have an intention of boosting traffic for certain web pages so that owners may make income from advertisements. Owners are able to earn more income when there is more traffic as more people are likely to interact with advertisements. If you press on those websites, you’ll be taken to totally unrelated sites, where you will find no relevant information. Or they could seem legitimate, for example, if you were to search for ‘anti-malware’, you might get results for pages endorsing doubtful products but they may look entirely legitimate in the beginning. Redirect viruses don’t analyze those web pages for malicious software, thus you could end up on one that could prompt malware to download onto your machine. It is possible the browser hijacker will also monitor your Internet browsing, gathering various information about your browsing habits. More relevant advertisements might be made using the collected data, if it is shared with third-parties. The hijacker may also use it for its own purposes of customizing sponsored content so that you are more prone to pressing on it. We highly recommend you eliminate PDFConverter, for all the above mentioned reasons. Since the redirect virus will no longer be there to stop you, after you carry out the process, ensure you change your browser’s settings.
Ways to uninstall PDFConverter
Since you now realize how the infection is affecting your device, proceed to delete PDFConverter. Depending on on your computer experience, you may pick from manual and automatic methods to rid your device of the browser hijacker. If you have dealt with uninstalling programs before, you may proceed with the former, as you will have to find the infection’s location yourself. While it’s not complex to do, it may take a bit of time, but instructions to help you may be found below this article. If you follow them accordingly, you should have no issues. If the instructions are unclear, or if you are otherwise struggling with the process, consider picking the other option. Acquiring anti-spyware software for the removal of the threat might best in that case. If it discovers the infection, have it eliminate it. You were successful in getting rid of the infection if you can reverse the alterations the redirect virus made to your browser. The browser hijacker remains if what you modify in settings is nullified. Having to deal with these kinds of reroute virus can be pretty aggravating, so better block their installation in the first place, which means you have to be more cautious when installing software. If you have decent computer habits now, you will be thankful later.
Download Removal Toolto scan for PDFConverterUse our recommended removal tool to scan for PDFConverter. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like PDFConverter and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall PDFConverter and related programs.
Remove PDFConverter from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall PDFConverter from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete PDFConverter from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove PDFConverter from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for PDFConverter or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete PDFConverter from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase PDFConverter from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove PDFConverter from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall PDFConverter from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable PDFConverter and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.