All Mypage Virus is a browser hijacker that targets Macs
All Mypage Virus browser hijacker is also known as a redirect virus, and is mainly an infection targeting Mac computers. While they’re sometimes referred to as malware, browser hijackers aren’t dangerous computer infections as they are not directly damaging. Take into consideration, however, that hijackers redirect you to suspicious web pages so they could generate traffic and revenue, which is why they can be quite harmful.
Once installed, the hijacker becomes instantly noticeable, but the installation itself will likely happen without you knowing. Sponsored content will be mixed in among legitimate search results, you will end up on odd websites, and you’ll observe your browser exhibiting other strange behaviour. However, because not everyone knows what a browser hijacker is, they might not realize said unusual behaviour is a sign of an infection. Just looking into the symptoms/site redirected to with Google generally leads users to the correct conclusion that it’s a hijacker.
Changes will also be made to your browser, in addition to the redirects. You will be redirected to a new homepage/new tabs when you launch your browser, and it may be difficult to cancel these changes. By changing your browser’s settings, hijackers can redirect you.
Hijackers require you to install them because they are not malicious software or viruses, despite what plenty of users believe. Users give them permission to install unintentionally, but they do it themselves. The hijackers, adware and potentially unwanted programs (PUPs), use software bundling to install, which is essentially attaching them to free programs as extra offers which can install alongside. If you continue reading, we will explain how to prevent these unnecessary installations in the future.
It’s not the most serious things your computer may get infected with, but you should still eliminate All Mypage Virus immediately. In addition to your regular browsing being interrupted, the hijacker will likely expose you to malware, scams and other content that’s harmful to your computer.
How does a hijacker install
In most cases, hijackers are able to install because of free software. This is referred to as program bundling, and in simple terms it’s attaching hijackers and other additional offers to known free programs. At first, the items are concealed and are set to install by default, meaning unless users manually block them from doing so, they’ll install together with the free software. Fortunately, blocking these offers from installing is quite simple, if you pay attention to how you install free software.
The most important part when installing free programs is opting for Advanced (Custom) settings. The additional items will be hidden if you opt for Default settings. The items will be unhidden in Advanced, and you’ll have the choice of deselecting everything. Deselecting the offers will be sufficient to prevent them from installing. If you avoid undesirable installations from the very beginning, you will not be stuck eliminating infections for hours later on. If you pay attention when installing applications, you will block many junk programs.
More details about the redirect virus
After they install, redirect viruses start redirecting to odd pages no matter which browser you are using, whether it is Safari, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox, which makes them pretty obvious infections. It’ll change your homepage and new tabs to its advertised site and you will be redirected to it every time you launch your browser. Another modification made to your browser is your search engine. If you search via your browser address bar, you’ll be automatically redirected to a hijacker’s promoted web page and shown search results that have been altered. Most of the modified results will include sponsored content so they’ll be unrelated to what you were searching for. The redirects are performed in order to generate page traffic and revenue. These redirects make hijackers not only annoying threat but also potentially harmful. Avoid interacting with ad or sponsored content while the hijacker remains installed. Hijackers don’t review the security of the pages they lead users to, so it is quite likely that you might end up on a dangerous one. You could be redirected to a page hosting malware, or one that is attempting to scam you. Hijackers aren’t especially dangerous but they shouldn’t be permitted to stay installed either.
It ought to also be said that browser hijackers snoop on users, and gather various information related their searches, visited websites, IP address and more. The hijacker would also likely share it with third-parties, and we doubt you want that.
In short, the hijacker installed on your Mac without authorization, made unnecessary changes to your browsers, started leading you to sponsored web pages so as to generate revenue, and potentially subjected you to unreliable content. Do not wait to remove All Mypage Virus even if it doesn’t look like a serious infection.
How to uninstall All Mypage Virus from your Mac computer
The easiest way to remove All Mypage Virus would be to use spyware removal programs. The anti-spyware program will ensure successful infection removal. If you know what you’re doing, you may attempt manual All Mypage Virus deletion. As long as you successfully delete All Mypage Virus, you shouldn’t have any problems restoring your browser’s settings.
Download Removal Toolto scan for All Mypage VirusUse our recommended removal tool to scan for All Mypage Virus. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like All Mypage Virus and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall All Mypage Virus and related programs.
Remove All Mypage Virus from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall All Mypage Virus from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete All Mypage Virus from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove All Mypage Virus from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for All Mypage Virus or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete All Mypage Virus from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase All Mypage Virus from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove All Mypage Virus from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall All Mypage Virus from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable All Mypage Virus and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.