What is bodelen virus
bodelen virus refers to redirects to highly questionable website bodelen.com, usually caused by an adware infection installed on the computer. If you find yourself constantly redirected to the site, you need to check your computer for adware. While adware isn’t a particularly dangerous infection, it’s very intrusive and annoying as you likely already noticed. Adware doesn’t directly harm the computer but it does try to expose you to as much advertisement content as possible, as that is its main purpose. The thing about adware generated ads is that they are not always necessarily safe. Adware is known to expose users to all kinds of unreliable content, including malware and scams. You may be shown fake virus alerts, prompts to install some kind of program, or participate in a giveaway to win expensive prizes. So while adware itself may not be particularly dangerous to the computers, the same cannot be said about the ads it generates. The sooner you remove bodelen virus, preferably using anti-virus software, the better.
You’re likely wondering how adware installed on your computer as you probably have no recollection of doing it yourself. Adware and similar infections usually use software bundling to install unnoticed, and that is likely what happened in your case. The following section of the report will explain how you can avoid installing these pesky infections in the future.
Adware often tricks users into allowing its installation
Infections like adware, browser hijackers and potentially unwanted programs (PUPs) can be very sneaky in both behaviour and their installation methods. Most commonly, users end up with adware because they install freeware incorrectly. The thing about freeware, especially the one you download from non-official websites, is that it often comes with added offers which are hidden and permitted to install alongside the program automatically. So you could install a free program and end up with adware as well, without even knowing. This method is called software bundling and it’s quite widespread, meaning that most freeware will have something attached to it. Fortunately, if you pay attention to how you install programs, you should be able to avoid unwanted installations.
The most important thing to remember when installing freeware is that you need to use Advanced (Custom) settings. Those settings, unlike Default, will display all added offers, and you will be given an option to deselect everything. Even if the offers seem useful at first glance, allowing their installation is not recommended. Any program that uses such a sneaky way of installation does not belong on your computer.
What does bodelen virus do?
Seeing as it’s primarily an adware, bodelen virus will try to expose you to as many ads as possible. The reason that users refer to this infection as bodelen virus is because it constantly redirects to bodelen.com. While the classification “virus” is not technically correct, we are referring to it as such to make it easier for users to find this report.
Once this adware is attached to your browser, whether you’re using Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox, you will start getting randomly redirected to bodelen.com and other similarly questionable websites. Adware generated pop-ups and redirects will be very disruptive because they will happen when you’re browsing normally, out of the blue. Though at least this makes the infection very noticeable, thus users will be able to get rid of it much quicker. Until you do get rid of it, it’s not a good idea to interact with ads because they won’t necessarily be safe and could expose you to malware and various scams.
Lastly, it should be mention that adware tracks what you browse. It collects information about what sites you visit, what you search for, your IP address, etc. This information would be used for advertisement purposes and shared with unknown third-parties.
bodelen virus removal
It can be difficult to remove bodelen virus and similar infections manually because they can be pretty persistent. It would be easiest to use anti-virus software because the program would take care of everything. However, if you want to delete bodelen virus manually, you can use the below provided instructions to help you.
Download Removal Toolto scan for bodelen virusUse our recommended removal tool to scan for bodelen virus. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like bodelen virus and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall bodelen virus and related programs.
Remove bodelen virus from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall bodelen virus from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete bodelen virus from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove bodelen virus from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for bodelen virus or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete bodelen virus from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase bodelen virus from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove bodelen virus from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall bodelen virus from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable bodelen virus and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.