About browser hijackers
Bot-checker.com will perform alterations to your browser which is why it is considered to be a hijacker. The threat was probably added to a free application as an additional item, and because you didn’t untick it, it was authorized to install. If you do not want these kinds of threats to inhabit your system, be careful about what you install. This is not a severe threat but because of its unwanted activity, you’ll want to get rid of it as soon as possible.
For one, they modify browser’s settings so that their promoted sites are set as your home web page and new tabs. Your search engine will also be modified, and it might be inserting advertisement links into search results. You are rerouted because the hijacker aims to generate traffic for some pages, and in turn, earn income for owners. Not all of those redirects will lead to safe sites, so you might end up in a malicious program ridden-page and accidentally get a malicious program. And a serious malware infection would cause much more harm. You may find the hijacker’s supplied features handy but you should know that they may be found in legitimate extensions as well, which do not put your system in danger. You’ll not necessarily be aware this but redirect viruses are following your browsing and collecting information so that more personalized sponsored content may be made. In addition, unrelated third-parties could be given access to that data. All of this is why you are encouraged to remove Bot-checker.com.
What you need to know about these infections
You possibly ran into the hijacker unintentionally, when you were installing free programs. We don’t think that people would install them knowingly, so freeware bundles is the most probable method. If people started paying closer attention to how they install programs, this method wouldn’t be as effective. To block their installation, they have to be unchecked, but because they’re concealed, they might not be noticed by hurrying the process. By opting Default mode, you might be permitting all types of unwanted offers to install, so it would be best if you did not use them. Instead, opt for Advanced (Custom) settings since they will not only permit you to see what has been added but also give a chance to uncheck everything. Unmarking all the items would be the best choice, unless you want to have to deal with unwanted installations. All you have to do is unmark the items, and you can then continue installing the free application. Dealing with these infections could be annoying so you would save yourself a lot of time and effort if you initially stopped them. Review what sources you use to download your programs because by using untrustworthy sites, you risk infecting your PC with malware.
If a browser hijacker manages to install, it’s doubtful you will not see the clues. Without your explicit permission, it will alter your browser’s settings, setting your homepage, new tabs and search engine to a web page its promoting. All leading browsers will possibly be affected, like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. And until you erase Bot-checker.com from the OS, you’ll be stuck with the site loading every time your browser is launched. And even if you attempt to alter the settings back, the hijacker will just alter them again. There is also a likelihood changes would also be made to your default search engine, which would mean that every time you use the browser’s address bar to look for something, results would created from the browser redirect’s set search engine. Since the threat is intending to redirect you, be cautious of sponsored links in the results. Owners of certain web pages intend to increase traffic to earn more revenue, and redirect viruses are used to reroute you to them. Owners will be able to earn more profit when there is more traffic since more people will possibly engage with ads. Those web pages are generally pretty obvious because they obviously have nothing to do with what you were actually looking for. Or they could seem valid, for example, if you were to search for ‘anti-malware’, you could get results for websites promoting questionable anti-malware applications, but look completely valid at first. You should to be careful because certain websites could be malicious, which might lead to a serious threat. Furthermore, the redirect virus could monitor your browsing and gather certain kind of data about you. Browser hijackers also provide access to the info to unrelated parties, and it is used to make more user relevant adverts. Or the reroute virus would use it to make sponsored content that is more personalized. It is clear the browser hijacker does not belong on your device, so uninstall Bot-checker.com. And after the process is finished, you should go alter your browser’s settings back.
Ways to terminate Bot-checker.com
While the threat won’t cause as severe outcomes as some others could, we still suggest that you erase Bot-checker.com as soon as possible. You will have to choose from by hand and automatic methods for disposing of the browser hijacker and, and they both shouldn’t cause too much trouble. By hand entails you finding where the browser hijacker is hiding yourself. While it isn’t hard to do, it might take longer than you think, but below this report you’ll discover guidelines to aid you. If you follow them properly, you ought to not encounter problems. It may not be the best option for those who do not have much experience with computers, however. In that case, acquire anti-spyware software, and have it get rid of the threat. The software will scan your operating system for the infection and when it pinpoints it, you just have to give it authorization to dispose of the redirect virus. To check if the threat is permanently removed, alter your browser’s settings, if you are allowed to do so, you were successful. If the same page keeps loading even after changing the settings, the hijacker is still present. Having to deal with these types of hijacker may be very annoying, so it is best if you prevent their installation in the first place, so pay attention when installing programs. Ensure you create good computer habits because it can prevent a lot of trouble.
Download Removal Toolto scan for Bot-checker.comUse our recommended removal tool to scan for Bot-checker.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Bot-checker.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Bot-checker.com and related programs.
Remove Bot-checker.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Bot-checker.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Bot-checker.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Bot-checker.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Bot-checker.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Bot-checker.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Bot-checker.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Bot-checker.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Bot-checker.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Bot-checker.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.