What is ConvertItSearch
ConvertItSearch hijacker could be accountable for the altered browser’s settings, and it could have invaded through free program bundles. The infection was most likely added to a free software as an extra item, and because you did not deselect it, it installed. If you don’t want these types of infections to inhabit your device, be careful about what you install. Hijackers aren’t considered to be dangerous but their behavior does raise a few questions.
You’ll find that instead of the usual homepage and new tabs, your browser will now load a different page. Your search engine will also be modified into one that may be injecting advertisement content into search results. If you click on such a result, you will be led to strange web pages, whose owners get money from boosted traffic. Do keep in mind that some of those reroutes might redirect to infected websites, which may result in a malware. If you infected your OS with malicious program, the situation would be much worse. Hijackers tend to pretend they have useful features but you can find proper extensions doing the same thing, which will not cause random redirects. You’ll not always be aware this but browser redirects are tracking your browsing and collecting information so that more personalized sponsored content may be made. Furthermore, questionable third-parties could be granted access to that data. And the sooner you terminate ConvertItSearch, the better.
What do I need to know about these infections
You possibly got the hijacker was when you were installing freeware. They are unnecessary and quite intrusive infections, so it is doubtful anyone would willingly installed them. The reason this method is so widely used is because users act negligently when installing programs, which means they miss all indications that something added. You have to pay attention because offers tend to hide, and by not seeing them, you’re basically giving them permission to install. Opt out of using Default mode as they don’t permit you to deselect anything. Choose Advanced or Custom mode during installation, and extra offers will become visible. Make sure you uncheck all the offers. Just unmark the offers, and you can then continue installing the freeware. Dealing with these infections can be quite irritating so you would do yourself a great favor by initially blocking them. We also advise not downloading from dubious sources as they are a great method to spread malicious software.
Even if you aren’t the most computer-savvy person, you will notice when a redirect virus is installed. Modifications to your browser will be executed without permission, mainly you’ll have a new homepage/new tabs, and your search engine could also be different. Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox will be among the browsers affected. And unless you first delete ConvertItSearch from the machine, the site will load every time your browser is launched. Your first course of action may be to overrule the modifications but keep in mind that the hijacker will just change everything again. Redirect viruses also change default search engines, so it wouldn’t be shocking if when you look for something through browser address bar, a weird site will load. Be careful of sponsored links implanted among the results because you could be redirected. Those redirects are occurring because hijackers intend to help certain website owners make more income by boosting their traffic. More traffic helps sites because more people are likely to engage with the advertisements. Those pages are generally fairly obvious because they evidently will be unconnected to search inquiry. Or they may seem real, for example, if you were to make an inquiry for ‘antivirus’, you could encounter results for websites that advertise shady anti-malware applications, but seem to be valid in the beginning. You need to to be cautious because some web pages might be malicious, which may allow severe threats to enter your machine. Your browsing activity will also be overseen, with the aim of acquiring data about what you are interested in. Third-parties could also gain access to the data, and then use it to create more customized ads. After some time, more personalized sponsored content will start appearing, and that is because the hijacker is using the info obtained. While the infection isn’t the most harmful one, we still highly encourage you remove ConvertItSearch. And after you complete the process, there should not be issues with changing browser’s settings.
Ways to remove ConvertItSearch
If you wish for your Internet surfing to return to usual, you’ll have to delete ConvertItSearch, and the sooner you do it, the better. Manual and automatic are the two possible methods for getting rid of the hijacker, and they both shouldn’t be too hard to carry out. Manual method means you will have to do everything yourself, including identifying the contamination. While it isn’t complex to do, it might take longer than you think, but guidelines to aid you can be found below this report. They should help you take care of the infection, so follow them accordingly. If you have a hard time with the guidelines, or if the process itself is giving you issues, choosing the other option would be best. In that case, the best solution for you would be to obtain anti-spyware software, and have it dispose of the threat. These kinds of programs are designed with the goal of terminating infections such as this, so you should not run into any problems. To check if the infection is gone, try modifying your browser’s settings, if they are not nullified, you were successful. But, if your home website went back to loading the hijacker’s website, the browser hijacker is still present somewhere on the system. Now that you’ve experienced the annoyance that is a redirect virus, try to avoid them. If you want to have an uncluttered computer, you need to have at least decent computer habits.
Download Removal Toolto scan for ConvertItSearchUse our recommended removal tool to scan for ConvertItSearch. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like ConvertItSearch and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall ConvertItSearch and related programs.
Remove ConvertItSearch from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall ConvertItSearch from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete ConvertItSearch from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove ConvertItSearch from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for ConvertItSearch or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete ConvertItSearch from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase ConvertItSearch from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove ConvertItSearch from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall ConvertItSearch from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable ConvertItSearch and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.