GoIncognitoSearch will change your browser’s settings which is why it is considered to be a browser hijacker. The reason you have a browser hijacker on your OS is because you did not notice it added to some program that you installed. Such infections are why it’s important that you are careful when you install software.
This is not a serious threat but because of its unnecessary behavior, you’ll want it gone as soon as possible. Your browser’s home website and new tabs will be set to load the browser hijacker’s promoted web page instead of your normal website. They also change your search engine into one that can inject advertisement content into results. If you click on such a result, you will be rerouted to strange sites, whose owners make income from boosted traffic. Some hijacker are able to redirect to malicious pages so unless you wish to get your system infected with malware, you should be cautious. The malicious software contamination isn’t something you want to deal with as it could cause serious damage. If you find the redirect virus’s provided features helpful, you should know that you could find legitimate plug-ins with the same features, which don’t jeopardize your machine. More customized content will also start appearing, and if you are wondering why, the hijacker is overseeing what your browse, so that it can know about your activity. The data may also be shared with third-parties. If you wish to avoid unpleasant outcomes, you ought to urgently delete GoIncognitoSearch.
How does GoIncognitoSearch act
The most likely way you got the hijacker was via freeware installation. This is likely just a case of inattentiveness, and you did not intentionally opt to install it. Because people do not pay attention to software installation processes, hijackers and similar infections are allowed to be distributed. To prevent their installation, you must uncheck them, but because they’re hidden, you might not notice them if you rush. By opting to use Default settings, you could be permitting permitting the installation of all types of unfamiliar applications, so it would be best if you did not use them. Advanced (Custom) settings, on the other hand, will display you those offers. If you don’t want to deal with persistent unknown programs, make sure you always deselect the offers. Just uncheck the offers, and you may then continue installing the free software. Dealing with these threats can be aggravating so you would save yourself a lot of time and effort by initially preventing them. You ought to also stop downloading from untrustworthy websites, and instead, pick official/legitimate sites/stores.
The only good thing about redirect viruses is that you will know of them right away. Without needing your permission, it’ll make alterations to your browser, setting your home web page, new tabs and search engine to its promoted website. Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox will be among the browsers affected. And until you eliminate GoIncognitoSearch from the computer, the website will greet you every time your browser is opened. Don’t waste time trying to alter the settings back because the browser redirect will merely nullify your changes. If your search engine is changed, every time you search for something via browser’s address bar or the provided search box, you would get dubious results. Trusting those results is not recommended because you will end up on sponsored sites. Owners of certain web pages intend to increase traffic to earn more money, and redirect viruses are used to reroute you to them. After all, increased traffic means there are more users likely to click on ads, meaning more money. You will be able to make a distinction between those and valid sites without trouble, primarily because they’ll not match your search inquiry. In some cases, they might seem legitimate, so if you were to search for something very vague, like ‘anti-virus’ or ‘computer’, results redirecting to questionable pages could come up but you wouldn’t notice initially. You ought to also take into account that hijackers are able to redirect to malicious pages, ones sheltering malware. Your browsing activity will also be followed, with the aim of gathering information about what interests you. The data could also be shared with various third-parties, who could use it for advertising purposes. Or the browser hijacker could use it to create sponsored content that is more customized. It is clear the redirect virus shouldn’t be permitted to remain on your operating system, so eliminate GoIncognitoSearch. You should also reverse the changed settings after the elimination process is finished.
Now that it is clear what the infection is doing, erase GoIncognitoSearch. Depending on on your computer experience, you can choose from by hand and automatic methods to clean your system of the browser hijacker. If you opt to go with the former, you’ll have to find the contamination yourself. If you have never dealt with this type of infection before, below this article you’ll see instructions to aid you, we can assure you that the process shouldn’t be hard, although it could somewhat time-consuming. The guidelines are provided in a clear and precise manner so you should not encounter problems. If you don’t have much experience with computers, it may not be the most appropriate option. The other option is to download anti-spyware software and have it discard the threat for you. Spyware elimination software is made for the intention of terminating these types of threats, so it should have no trouble dealing with it. To check if the infection is permanently removed, alter your browser’s settings, if they remain as you have set them, it is a success. If you still see the redirect virus’s page, you did not fully get rid of the browser hijacker and it is still there. It’s quite aggravating dealing with these kinds of infections, so better prevent their installation in the first place, which means you have to actually pay attention when you install programs. Ensure you create decent computer habits because it may prevent a lot of trouble.
Download Removal Toolto scan for GoIncognitoSearchUse our recommended removal tool to scan for GoIncognitoSearch. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like GoIncognitoSearch and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall GoIncognitoSearch and related programs.
Remove GoIncognitoSearch from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall GoIncognitoSearch from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete GoIncognitoSearch from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove GoIncognitoSearch from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for GoIncognitoSearch or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete GoIncognitoSearch from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase GoIncognitoSearch from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove GoIncognitoSearch from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall GoIncognitoSearch from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable GoIncognitoSearch and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.