About Guardian Search Protector
Guardian Search Protector will alter your browser’s settings which is why it is thought to be a redirect virus. The reason the hijacker is installed is because you did not pay enough attention to see that it was added to some software that you installed. It’s important that you pay attention to how you install programs because if you aren’t, these types of infections will install all the time. Redirect viruses aren’t considered to be malicious infections but their activity does raise a few questions.
Your browser’s home website and new tabs will be modified, and a strange site will load instead of your normal page. Your search engine will also be modified into one that can inject advertisement links into results. If you click on such a result, you will be redirected to weird pages, whose owners make income from increased traffic. You need to be cautious with those redirects as you could infect your computer with malware if you were rerouted to a dangerous website. If you infected your system with malicious program, the situation would be much more dire. So that people find them handy, browser redirects pretend to have useful features but the reality is, they are replaceable with legitimate add-ons which aren’t actively attempting to redirect you. You’ll notice more personalized content appearing, and in case you are wondering why, the hijacker is following what your browse, so that it can know about your habits. Furthermore, unrelated third-parties may be granted access to that data. All of this is why it is essential that you remove Guardian Search Protector.
What does Guardian Search Protector do
It is possible that you came across the redirect virus unknowingly, when you were installing free applications. It is dubious that users would select to install them willingly, so free software packages is the most probable method. If users were more vigilant when they install software, this method wouldn’t be so effective. To block their installation, they must be deselected, but because they’re hidden, they might not be noticed if you rush. Opting for Default mode would be a mistake as they’ll not permit you to uncheck anything. Deselecting those items is crucial, but they’ll only be apparent in Advanced or Custom mode. If you don’t want to deal with unwanted installations, unchecking every box that appears. After you uncheck all the offers, you can continue installing the freeware. Even though they are minor infections, they are pretty annoying to deal with and may be difficult to get rid of, so it is best if you prevent their threat in the first place. Reconsider what sources you use to obtain your applications because by using dubious sites, you risk infecting your device with malware.
You will know soon after infection if you accidentally infected your OS with a redirect virus. Your search engine, new tabs and homepage will be different, and the redirect virus won’t require your consent to carry out those modifications. Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox will be included in the list of browsers affected. And until you erase Guardian Search Protector from the machine, the website will greet you every time you open your browser. Don’t waste time trying to alter the settings back as the redirect virus will simply reverse your alterations. Redirect viruses could also set you a different search engine, so it wouldn’t be surprising if when you look for something via browser address bar, a strange web page will load. You may come across advertising links among legitimate results, since the infection’s main goal is to redirect you. These types of infections intend to boost traffic for certain websites so that owners could make income from advertisements. After all, more traffic means who are prone to pressing on ads, meaning more profit. If you press on those web pages, you will notice that they seldom have anything to do with what you were looking for. There will be cases, however, where they might look legitimate initially, if you were to search ‘virus’, pages advertising false security software could come up, and they might look to be real in the beginning. Bear in mind that redirect viruses could also lead to infected sites, which can result in you obtaining a serious infection. Hijackers also like to monitor users’ Internet usage, gathering certain information. The data might then be shared with unknown parties, and it could be used for unknown purposes. Or the hijacker may use it to make sponsored content that is more customized. Terminate Guardian Search Protector, and if you are still thinking about leaving it, think about all the reasons why we advise this. And after you complete the process, there should be no problems with modifying browser’s settings.
Guardian Search Protector Removal
Since you now know what it does, you can eliminate Guardian Search Protector. You may pick from two options, by hand and automatic, for erasing of the redirect virus. By hand method means you’ll have to find and take care of the infection yourself. It isn’t complicated to do but it may take a bit of time, but instructions to help you will be presented. They should provide the guidance you need to take care of the infection, so follow them properly. It shouldn’t be the first option for those who do not have much experience with computers, however. You may acquire anti-spyware software and have it discard the threat for you. The program will scan your machine for the infection and once it identifies it, you just have to permit it to dispose of the browser hijacker. You may make sure you were successful by modifying browser’s settings, if you’re permitted to, the contamination is no longer present. If the page continues to load as your home web page even after you’ve modified it, you did not terminate the threat entirely. Now that you have experienced the nuisance that is a redirect virus, try to block them. Make sure you develop decent tech habits because it may prevent a lot of trouble.
Download Removal Toolto scan for Guardian Search ProtectorUse our recommended removal tool to scan for Guardian Search Protector. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Guardian Search Protector and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Guardian Search Protector and related programs.
Remove Guardian Search Protector from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Guardian Search Protector from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Guardian Search Protector from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Guardian Search Protector from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Guardian Search Protector or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Guardian Search Protector from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Guardian Search Protector from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Guardian Search Protector from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Guardian Search Protector from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Guardian Search Protector and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.