What kind of infection are you dealing with
Hconvertfilestools.com is thought to be a hijacker, and it possibly is spreading through free programs. The infection was probably attached to a freeware as an extra item, and because you didn’t untick it, it was authorized to install. It’s essential that you pay attention to how you install software because if you’re not, you will not be able to avoid these types of threats. This is not a high-level threat but because of its unwanted behavior, you’ll want to get rid of it as soon as possible. Your browser’s home web page and new tabs will be set to load the hijacker’s advertised website instead of your usual page.
Your search engine will also be altered into one that could insert sponsored content into results. The reroutes are carried out so that the owners of those pages can earn income from traffic and ads. Do bear in mind that redirects may lead a malicious program threat. The malicious program infection is not something you want to deal with as it could bring about serious damage. You might consider redirect viruses beneficial but you could find the same features in legitimate plug-ins, ones that will not pose a threat to your computer. You may happen upon more customized sponsored content in the results, and it is because the browser redirect is tracking what you search for, gathering data about what you’re interested in. Unrelated third-parties could also be able to access that data. All of this is why you are suggested to uninstall Hconvertfilestools.com.
How does Hconvertfilestools.com act
It is a known fact that redirect viruses travel together free program bundles. Since these are very annoying infections, we highly doubt you got it willingly. Because people don’t pay attention to how they install programs, redirect viruses and similar infections can be spread. You must pay attention because items are concealed, and by not noticing them, you are basically giving them permission to install. Opt out of using Default settings because they don’t allow you to deselect anything. Advanced or Custom mode, on the other hand, will show you those offers. You are encouraged to unmark all the offers. And until you do, don’t continue the installation. Dealing with these threats can be annoying so you would save yourself a lot of time and effort if you initially blocked them. You also need to start being careful about where you get your software from because by selecting dubious sources, you are increasing your chances of getting an infection.
You’ll know soon after infection if you accidentally infected your PC with a hijacker. Your search engine, new tabs and home web page will be different, and the redirect virus won’t ask your explicit permission before carrying out those changes. Popular browsers such as Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox will possibly be altered. The web page will greet you every time you launch your browser, and this will go on until you uninstall Hconvertfilestools.com from your system. You may attempt to overrule the modifications but bear in mind that the browser hijacker will merely change everything again. Redirect viruses could also set you a different search engine, so it wouldn’t be surprising if when you search for something via browser address bar, a strange website will greet you. You may encounter advertising links among the results, since the infection is aiming to redirect you. Browser redirects will reroute to sponsored sites because they want to help owners make profit. After all, more traffic means who are prone to pressing on ads, meaning more revenue. You will be able to tell the difference between those and valid websites without issues, primarily because they will not match your search inquiry. Or they may seem valid, if you were to search for ‘anti-malware’, it’s possible you might encounter results for pages promoting dubious products but they might seem completely legitimate at first. Bear in mind that hijackers can also redirect to infected websites, which can result in you getting a severe threat. Browser hijackers also like to monitor how people use the Internet, gathering certain information. The acquired data could be used to make more relevant ads, if it is shared with unknown parties. If not, the browser hijacker may use it to make the sponsored results more personalized. It is clear the browser hijacker shouldn’t be authorized to remain on your operating system, so erase Hconvertfilestools.com. Don’t forget to modify your browser’s settings back to usual after you’ve finished the process.
How to uninstall Hconvertfilestools.com
Now that you know what kind of threat you are dealing with, you may proceed to erase Hconvertfilestools.com. There are two options when it comes to getting rid of this contamination, whether you opt for manual or automatic ought to depend on how computer-savvy you are. If you choose the former, you will have to locate where the threat is hidden yourself. The process itself shouldn’t be too complex, although it can be more time-consuming than you might have initially thought, but you’re welcome to use the below presented guidelines. The instructions are provided in a understandable and accurate manner so you should be able to follow them step by step. It may not be the best option for those who do not have much experience with computers, however. In that case, the best fix for you would be to download spyware elimination software, and have it take care of everything. These kinds of programs are created to dispose of infections such as this, so there should be no problems. Try modifying your browser’s settings, if you can do it, the infection was successfully removed. If you are still seeing the same web page even after you modify the settings, the browser hijacker is still present. You may prevent these infections in the future by installing software attentively. Make sure you create decent tech habits because it could prevent a lot of trouble.
Download Removal Toolto scan for Hconvertfilestools.comUse our recommended removal tool to scan for Hconvertfilestools.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Hconvertfilestools.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Hconvertfilestools.com and related programs.
Remove Hconvertfilestools.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Hconvertfilestools.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Hconvertfilestools.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Hconvertfilestools.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Hconvertfilestools.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Hconvertfilestools.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Hconvertfilestools.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Hconvertfilestools.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Hconvertfilestools.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Hconvertfilestools.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.