What is IncognitoSearchBox
IncognitoSearchBox is a redirect virus that will make unwanted modifications to your browser without gaining your explicit permission first. You probably installed some kind of free application recently, and it possibly had the hijacker adjoined to it. Similar threats are why it is important that you pay attention to how applications are installed. Hijackers are rather low-level infections they do behave in an unnecessary way.
You will notice that instead of the usual home website and new tabs, your browser will now load the hijacker’s promoted page. They also modify your search engine into one that will be able to insert advertisement content into results. You are rerouted because the hijacker aims to generate traffic for some sites, and in turn, make profit for owners. Some of those reroutes might lead to unsafe sites, so you might end up in a malware ridden-page and accidentally get a malware. The malware infection that you could get might cause much more severe consequences, so make sure that does not happen. You might consider hijackers helpful but you could find the same features in legitimate extensions, ones that won’t pose a threat to your computer. Something else you should know is that some redirect viruses will be following your activity and gathering certain information in order to know what you are more likely to click on. The data may also be shared with third-parties. And the quicker you terminate IncognitoSearchBox, the less time the browser hijacker will have to affect your PC.
What does IncognitoSearchBox do
It is a known fact that hijackers travel together free application bundles. This is likely just a case of inattentiveness, and you didn’t purposely install it. Because people don’t pay attention to how they install applications, this method authorizes browser redirects and similar infections to be spread. Those offers are generally hidden when you install software, and if you do not pay attention, you will miss them, which means they will be permitted to install. Default settings will hide the offers, and if you still choose to use them, you could contaminate your machine with all types of unnecessary offers. Choose Advanced or Custom mode when you are installing something, and extra items will become visible. You’re suggested to unmark all the items. And until you have done that, don’t continue the installation. Initially preventing the threat can save you a lot time because dealing with it later could be time-consuming and aggravating. In addition, you need to be more cautious about where you get your programs from as suspicious sources can lead to malware infections.
One good thing about hijackers is that you will see them soon after infection. Without having to gain your consent, it will change your browser’s settings, setting your homepage, new tabs and search engine to its promoted site. Major browsers like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox will probably be altered. The page will greet you every time your browser is opened, and this will continue until you erase IncognitoSearchBox from your system. And even if you attempt to alter the settings back, the redirect virus will just nullify them. There’s also a likelihood that your search engine will be changed, which would mean that whenever you use the browser’s address bar to look for something, results would created from the hijacker’s set search engine. Relying on those results is not encouraged since you’ll end up on advertisement pages. The hijackers will redirect you because they intend to help website owners make more income from boosted traffic. After all, increased traffic means who are prone to pressing on advertisements, meaning more profit. You will be able to tell the difference between those and valid websites without issues, primarily because they will not match your search inquiry. There will be cases, however, where they might look real at first, if you were to search ‘malware’, sites advertising fake anti-malware might come up, and they could seem real initially. You ought to also take into account that hijackers are able to reroute to dangerous web pages, ones hiding malware. Your browsing activity will also be monitored, with the goal of collecting data about what you’re interested in. Hijackers also share the info with unknown parties, and it’s used ads purposes. If not, the hijacker may be using it to make more relevant sponsored results. You ought to uninstall IncognitoSearchBox, and if you are still in doubt, think about all the reasons why we suggest this. After you successfully get rid of it, you ought to be permitted to change the browser’s settings back to usual.
Since you now realize how the infection is affecting your PC, eliminate IncognitoSearchBox. You can pick from two options, by hand and automatic, for ridding your system of the browser hijacker. By hand entails you finding the reroute virus’s location yourself. While the process might be a bit more time-consuming than you expect, the process should be pretty straightforward, and to help you, instructions will be provided below this report. If you follow them properly, you should not run into trouble. If the instructions are unclear, or if the process itself is not going in the right direction, you might benefit more by opting for the other method. Using anti-spyware software to take care of the threat could best in that case. If it can pinpoint the threat, allow it to dispose of it. To check if the infection is successfully uninstalled, try modifying your browser’s settings, if you are allowed to do so, you were successful. If you’re still seeing the same website even after you change the settings, the reroute virus is still present. Now that you’ve realized how annoying reroute virus could be, you should try to block them. Make sure you create decent tech habits because it might prevent a lot of trouble.
Download Removal Toolto scan for IncognitoSearchBoxUse our recommended removal tool to scan for IncognitoSearchBox. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like IncognitoSearchBox and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall IncognitoSearchBox and related programs.
Remove IncognitoSearchBox from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall IncognitoSearchBox from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete IncognitoSearchBox from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove IncognitoSearchBox from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for IncognitoSearchBox or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete IncognitoSearchBox from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase IncognitoSearchBox from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove IncognitoSearchBox from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall IncognitoSearchBox from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable IncognitoSearchBox and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.