Luckypapa.top is a browser hijacker that targets Macs, also called a redirect virus. Since their primary intention isn’t computer issues, they are thought to be quite minor infections. However, it isn’t benign either as it aims to generate traffic and profit and it will lead you to all kinds of dubious websites in order to do that. As soon as the hijacker installs it becomes pretty noticeable, even if it installed slyly. You’ll note your browser behaving unusually, such as random redirects, search results filled with sponsored content, etc. For users with little knowledge of system infections, the browser behaving unusually will not automatically be an infection sign. It normally becomes obvious what is going on when users google the page they’re regularly redirected to, and the symptoms.
Your browser’s settings will also be altered, in addition to redirecting to odd web pages. Every time it is launched, you browser will display another homepage/new tabs, which might be difficult to reverse. The prime reason for those setting modifications is so the hijacker can redirect you.
Many users believe that hijackers are malware or viruses, which is not the case, meaning they cannot install by themselves. While users usually do not realize this, but they install the hijackers themselves. Pests like hijackers, adware and potentially unwanted programs (PUPs) are attached to freeware as additional items, and when users install said free software, they end up installing the added items as well. The proceeding section of the report will explain how you can stop these unwanted installations.
You should delete Luckypapa.top, the quicker the better because while it isn’t the most dangerous one, it’s still an infection. You could be exposed to all kinds of untrustworthy content by the hijacker, such as malware and scams, in addition to disrupting your regular browsing.
Luckypapa.top spread methods
Browser hijackers use free software to install, as we’ve mentioned before. Bundling programs is how this method is called, and it’s essentially adding infections like hijackers to free programs as extra items. Users generally do not notice any items being attached but they are preselected to install together with the freeware, which makes software bundling a frowned upon installation method. However, if you pay attention to what you’re doing when installing software, there should not be any issues with stopping the offers from installing.
Picking Advanced (Custom) settings is vital during free software installation. Otherwise, the items won’t be visible. However, Advanced will not only unhide them, but also provide you with the option to deselect them. These unnecessary installations can be blocked by just deselecting the items. Take into consideration that blocking installations takes much less time in comparison to deleting threats that have been installed already. Another thing to bear in mind is that your system will be rubbish-free if you actually take care when installing programs.
What does the Luckypapa.top do
Symptoms of a browser hijacker infection will become apparent rather quickly as your browsers (whether you’re using Safari, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox) will be taken over, and you will be rerouted. Alterations to your browser’s settings will be made by the redirect virus so that your homepage is set to load its promoted website, and whenever you open your browser, that is the website you will be redirected to. An additional change made to your browser is your search engine. The hijacker will display you changed search results by redirecting you to its sponsored website every time you perform a search using browser address bar. Most of the modified results will include sponsored content so they’ll be unconnected to what you were searching for. By redirecting you to certain web pages, hijackers could generate traffic and income. The redirects will not only get on your nerves but they might also endanger your Mac. Until the hijacker is no longer present on your system, it isn’t suggested to interact with any sponsored or advertisement content. Keep in mind that you may be led to unsafe websites because hijackers do not make sure that the web pages are secure. All kinds of malware or scams may be lurking on the web pages you’re redirected to. Hijackers are not especially harmful but you shouldn’t permit them to stay installed either.
The hijacker will also compile data about you, such as what you search for, what content you interact with, the web pages you visit or frequent, your IP address, etc, it is basically spying on you. Unknown third-parties might later access that information, and it’s doubtful you want that.
In short, the hijacker installed on your Mac without your permission, made undesirable browser setting modifications, began leading you to sponsored websites for revenue, and displayed you potentially dubious content. don’t hesitate to delete Luckypapa.top even if it doesn’t look like a dangerous infection.
Ways to uninstall Luckypapa.top from your Mac
It would be best to use spyware removal software to delete Luckypapa.top. The spyware removal program will guarantee that the threat is fully gone. For more tech-savvy users, manual Luckypapa.top deletion should not be complex. If you are successful in Luckypapa.top elimination, you should have no problems restoring your browser’s settings.
Download Removal Toolto scan for Luckypapa.topUse our recommended removal tool to scan for Luckypapa.top. Trial version of provides detection of computer threats like Luckypapa.top and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Luckypapa.top and related programs.
Remove Luckypapa.top from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Luckypapa.top from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Luckypapa.top from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Luckypapa.top from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Luckypapa.top or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Luckypapa.top from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Luckypapa.top from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Luckypapa.top from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Luckypapa.top from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Luckypapa.top and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.