What type of threat are you dealing with
MyWeatherFree hijacker may be accountable for the changed browser’s settings, and it must have entered your device along with free applications. The infection was possibly adjoined to a free application as an additional item, and because you did not untick it, it was permitted to install. It is essential that you pay attention to how you install software because if you are not, you will not be able to avoid these types of threats.
This is not a high-level threat but because of its unwanted activity, you’ll want it gone as soon as possible. For one, they change browser’s settings so that their promoted web pages are set as your homepages and new tabs. Your search engine will also be modified into one that could be manipulating search results by inserting sponsored links into them. You’re redirected because the redirect virus aims to generate traffic for some sites, and in turn, earn profit for owners. Some browser hijacker are able to reroute to infected websites so unless you wish to get your OS contaminated with malware, you need to be careful. If you got malicious software, the situation would be much worse. You might consider browser hijackers beneficial but you can find the same features in legitimate plug-ins, ones that will not try to reroute you. More personalized content will also start appearing, and in case you’re wondering why, the redirect virus is following what your browse, so that it can know about your activity. Furthermore, suspicious third-parties might be granted access to that info. Thus, remove MyWeatherFree, before it can have a more serious affect on your computer.
How does MyWeatherFree behave
A lot of users aren’t aware of this but browser redirects commonly come together with free programs. It’s unlikely that you acquired it in any other way, as no one would install them knowingly. Because users rarely pay attention to how they install programs, browser redirects and similar threats may be distributed. Pay attention to the process because offers are hidden, and you not noticing them is like allowing their installation. By opting Default settings, you could be permitting all kinds of unfamiliar offers to install, so it would be best if you don’t use them. Ensure you always choose Advanced or Custom settings, as only there will added offers become visible. Unmarking all the items would be the best choice, unless you want to have to deal with unnecessary installations. Only continue installing the software after you deselect everything. Even though they are trivial infections, they are quite annoying to deal with and may be complex to get rid of, so we encourage you stop their infection initially. Review what sources you use to download your programs because by using unreliable sites, you risk infecting your PC with malicious software.
Even if you aren’t the most computer-savvy person, you will know when a redirect virus is installed. Your browser’s settings will be changed, the redirect virus setting a weird web page as your home web page, new tabs and search engine, and it will do that even if you don’t agree with the changes. Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox will be among the browsers affected. The site will greet you every time your browser is launched, and this will go on until you delete MyWeatherFree from your machine. The redirect virus will keep reversing the alterations back so do not waste time trying to change anything. If your search engine is changed, every time you look for something via browser’s address bar or the provided search box, you’d get suspicious results. Relying on those results is not suggested because you’ll be redirected to advertisement content. Page owners sometimes use hijackers to increase traffic and earn more income, which is why you’re redirected. More traffic helps sites as more users are likely to engage with the adverts. If you click on those sites, you’ll quickly see that they have nothing to do with what you were searching for. In some cases they may look legitimate initially, if you were to search ‘virus’, pages advertising false security programs may come up, and they may seem real initially. Bear in mind that redirect viruses could also lead to malicious software-ridden websites, which could result in you obtaining a serious infection. It’s probable the browser hijacker will also follow your Internet browsing, aiming to get information about interests. Unrelated parties could also gain access to the information, and it could be used to create adverts. Or the browser hijacker may use it to make more customized sponsored results. We are certain that the hijacker doesn’t belong on your device, so remove MyWeatherFree. And after you carry out the process, there should be no issues with altering browser’s settings.
Ways to remove MyWeatherFree
Since you now know what it does, you may uninstall MyWeatherFree. You will have to choose from by hand and automatic methods for disposing of the hijacker and, and they both should not cause too many issues. If you decide to proceed with the former, you will have to find where the threat is hiding yourself. If you are unsure of what to do, you can use the guidelines you will see below this report. If you follow them properly, you should not run into problems. But, it may be too complicated for those who have little to no computer experience. In that case, download anti-spyware software, and have it get rid of the threat. This type of software is created with the intention of wiping out threats such as this, so there should be no problems. To check whether the threat is gone or not, try changing your browser’s settings, if they are not reversed, you were successful. The infection still remains if your browser loads the same site. You may avoid these and similar threats in the future by installing software carefully. If you wish to have an uncluttered device, you need to have good computer habits.
Download Removal Toolto scan for MyWeatherFreeUse our recommended removal tool to scan for MyWeatherFree. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like MyWeatherFree and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall MyWeatherFree and related programs.
Remove MyWeatherFree from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall MyWeatherFree from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete MyWeatherFree from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove MyWeatherFree from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for MyWeatherFree or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete MyWeatherFree from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase MyWeatherFree from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove MyWeatherFree from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall MyWeatherFree from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable MyWeatherFree and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.