NEnhancer is a Google Chrome extension that supposedly enhances your Netflix experience by adding various features, like ratings and trailers. Because of its intrusive advertising, it’s also considered to be an adware program. It’s not exactly a virus infection, but it’s not a harmless program either. It will expose you to loads of ads in order to make revenue, track your behavior to make customized ads, and try to trick you into granting elevated system control permissions.
The extension used to be available on various legitimate download sources, like the Chrome web store, but it has since been taken down. However, it may still be distributed attached to free software as an extra offer. This is referred to as the bundling method, and is a popular distribution method among unwanted program developers as their programs would not get installed otherwise. If you do not recall installing the extension, it could have used software bundling to install. We suggest you familiarize yourself with this method in order to avoid installing unwanted programs in the future. We will explain how it works in the following paragraph.
Whether you installed it knowingly or not, we suggest you delete NEnhancer, as it should not be permitted to remain installed. If you do not have experience in uninstalling programs, use the guide provided below this report.
How does NEnhancer install?
It was advertised as a legitimate program at some point, so you could have installed it thinking it will enhance your Netflix experience. You could have even downloaded it from the Chrome web store. However, it seems it’s no longer available on trusted websites. It likely can still install via software bundles. It may come attached to popular free programs as an extra offer, and if you do not deselect it, it will install alongside.
To prevent this from happening, you need to pay attention to how you install programs. During installation, opt for Advanced (Custom) settings when given the option. Those settings will make all offers visible, and you will be able to deselect all of them. If something has been added to the program, we strongly suggest you deselect it/them, as it’s unlikely any of the offers will actually be something legitimate.
Should you remove NEnhancer?
NEnhancer is supposed to make your Netflix viewing experience better by providing features like IMDB ratings, trailers, etc. While this certainly seems useful to those using the streaming service, the extension actually aims to make revenue by exposing you to ads. It will also track your online behavior in order to make more customized ads, on which you’d be more likely to click on. It will also try to get elevated system control permissions in order to be able to perform certain tasks behind your back.
Free apps showing you ads in nothing unusual, as that is how they make profit. However, engaging with ads shown by this app could be dangerous. The ads could expose you to malware and scams, so it’s best to avoid interacting with ads altogether while adware is still installed, no matter what is advertised.
We should also mention that the ads will become customized at some point. Because the extension will track what you click on, what your interests are, what sites you visit, etc., it will have a rough idea about what kind of ads you’d be willing to click on.
Because of the questionable behavior exhibited by the extension, we do not recommend keeping it. You can uninstall NEnhancer manually, and may use the below provided instructions to help you if you are unfamiliar with how to uninstall programs. Some anti-virus programs may also detect it as a threat, so you may be able to remove NEnhancer automatically. You will be able to go back to regular browsing after the extension is gone.
Download Removal Toolto scan for NEnhancerUse our recommended removal tool to scan for NEnhancer. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like NEnhancer and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall NEnhancer and related programs.
Remove NEnhancer from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall NEnhancer from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete NEnhancer from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove NEnhancer from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for NEnhancer or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete NEnhancer from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase NEnhancer from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove NEnhancer from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall NEnhancer from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable NEnhancer and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.