What is Newsfor24.org?
Newsfor24.org is a Russian domain usually classified as a browser hijacker. It has fallen into this category not without a reason, of course. Malware experts have decided to call it a browser hijacker because they have noticed that this website shows up on users’ web browsers, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox without users’ knowledge. Newsfor24.org makes modifications on all browsers to replace homepages (start pages), so it will be impossible to avoid this domain. The only thing you can do to make it gone is to uninstall Newsfor24.org fully, i.e. remove a browser hijacker. Of course, it will not be easy to implement the Newsfor24.org removal because browser hijackers are threats which are not so easy to erase, but you will know by the end of this article how to do that and could get rid of it yourself.
What does Newsfor24.org do?
Newsfor24.org looks like a Russian news website, so users do not hurry to remove it from their browsers. This is the mistake they make, specialists say. According to them, not all the websites which look harmless will really not cause harm. In the case of Newsfor24.org, despite the fact that it looks like a decent Russian news website, it contains numbers of untrustworthy links and advertisements. They all lead to third-party pages. You cannot know in advance where you will be taken after clicking on any of these links/ads placed on Newsfor24.org, so there is a huge possibility to be taken to untrustworthy websites too. You will not be warned that you have landed on a bad website, so you might really quickly allow malicious software to enter your computer. You will only be safe if you go to delete Newsfor24.org today. We can assure you that you will not miss Newsfor24.org and will definitely not regret getting rid of this website, so you really do not need more time to think whether or not to remove Newsfor24.org.
How did Newsfor24.org enter my computer?
Newsfor24.org is one of these nasty browser hijackers, so it is not surprising if you have not noticed it entering your system. Browser hijackers use a method called bundling to show up on computers, i.e. they are spread with free software and hide behind them not to get spotted. If Newsfor24.org managed to enter your computer, it is very likely that your PC is unprotected and other undesirable programs could do that too. You can make sure this never happens by installing software for protecting your computer after the Newsfor24.org removal.
How do I delete Newsfor24.org?
There are several ways to remove Newsfor24.org from web browsers. Most commonly, users employ either a manual method or an automatic one, i.e. they go to remove Newsfor24.org from their browsers themselves or use an automatic malware remover. If you have never deleted malware and do not know where to start with the deletion of a browser hijacker, you should use the second method too. You will, undoubtedly, need to download a trustworthy tool to erase Newsfor24.org in an automatic manner.
Download Removal Toolto scan for Newsfor24.orgUse our recommended removal tool to scan for Newsfor24.org. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Newsfor24.org and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Newsfor24.org and related programs.
Remove Newsfor24.org from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Newsfor24.org from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Newsfor24.org from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Newsfor24.org from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Newsfor24.org or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Newsfor24.org from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Newsfor24.org from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Newsfor24.org from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Newsfor24.org from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Newsfor24.org and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.