Brilliant Check virus is a browser hijacker that targets Macs
Brilliant Check virus is a Mac browser hijacker, also referred to as a redirect virus. Since their prime intent is not computer damage, they are believed to be quite minor infections. Take into consideration, however, that hijackers lead you to questionable web pages in order to generate traffic and profit, which is why they may be rather damaging. Even if the hijacker managed to install without you noticing, its presence will become rather obvious as soon as it’s installed. You will observe your browser acting in an unusual way, like random redirects, sponsored content in search results, etc. Many users, however, might not realize the weird behaviour points to a browser hijacker if they do not know what they are. But if they were to google the site they’re redirected to, they would see results pointing to a hijacker.
Besides the unusual redirects, hijackers also modify browser’s settings. Every time you open it, you browser will have another homepage/new tabs, which might be complicated to change. The hijacker generally makes those alterations so it could redirect you.
Hijackers don’t just install without needing your permission as they are not malicious software or viruses, even if many users call them that. While users are commonly not aware of this, but they install the hijackers themselves. Software bundling is the method used by pests like hijackers to install, which means they’re attached to free programs as additional items and can install together with it. However, avoiding these unnecessary installations is simple, and we will clarify in the following section of the article.
Eliminate Brilliant Check virus as quickly as possible because while it’s somewhat trivial, it is still an infection. In addition to you not being able to browse normally, the hijacker may be able to expose you to malware, scams and other very untrustworthy content.
How does Brilliant Check install
We have mentioned this above, but freeware is frequently used by hijackers to install. Bundling software is what this is called, and it involves adding hijackers (and other alike threats) as additional offers to freeware. Users normally don’t notice the items but they are permitted to install alongside, which makes program bundling rather frowned upon. The installations are not difficult to prevent, however, if you pay attention to program installation processes.
Advanced (Custom) settings are the settings you need to opt for during free programs installation. Default settings will hide the offers. Opting for Advanced settings makes all offers visible and you’ll have the option of unchecking everything. These unwanted installations can be stopped by simply deselecting the items. It can take a long time to eliminate already installed programs, compared to the seconds it takes to avoid them from installing initially. It’s worth saying that your computer will be clear and functioning smoothly if you actually take care when installing software.
Is the Brilliant Check harmful
The main thing you’ll see about a hijacker is that they redirect to random websites, every time the browser is opened, whether your browser Safari, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. Your homepage and new tabs will be set to the hijacker’s advertised website, and whenever you launch your browser, that’s the website you’ll see. Your search engine will also be switched. If you use your browser address bar for searches, you will be redirected to a hijacker’s promoted site and shown modified search results. You will very quickly notice that search results have been changed because they will include sponsored content. So as to generate traffic and profit, users are redirected to those sponsored websites by hijackers. Being redirected to unfamiliar, potentially harmful websites is both aggravating and possibly damaging for the Mac. Avoid engaging with advertising or sponsored content while the hijacker remains installed. You might be led to sponsored websites that might not be secure because hijackers do not review whether they’re secure. A sponsored page could be prompting you to take part in a scam or install malicious software. Allowing a hijacker to remain installed isn’t a great idea, even if they do not do direct damage.
The hijacker will also compile information about what you search for, what kind of content you interact with, the websites you visit, your IP address, etc, it is essentially spying on you. It is doubtful that you want the hijacker to gather that data, let alone share it with unknown third-parties.
In short, the hijacker is highly troublesome because its installation is fundamentally unauthorized, it modifies browser’s settings, redirects to weird websites and subjects you to content that is potentially damaging. Brilliant Check virus elimination is required, and the quicker it is done the better.
Ways you can delete Brilliant Check virus from your Mac computer
Using spyware removal programs to uninstall Brilliant Check virus is what we recommend. Anti-spyware software are made to help users deal with these types of threats. For more tech-savvy users, manual Brilliant Check virus deletion should not cause too a lot issues. If you successfully uninstall Brilliant Check virus, you shouldn’t have any problems changing back your browser’s settings.
Download Removal Toolto scan for Brilliant Check browser hijackerUse our recommended removal tool to scan for Brilliant Check browser hijacker. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Brilliant Check browser hijacker and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Brilliant Check browser hijacker and related programs.
Remove Brilliant Check browser hijacker from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Brilliant Check browser hijacker from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Brilliant Check browser hijacker from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Brilliant Check browser hijacker from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Brilliant Check browser hijacker or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Brilliant Check browser hijacker from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Brilliant Check browser hijacker from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Brilliant Check browser hijacker from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Brilliant Check browser hijacker from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Brilliant Check browser hijacker and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.