What type of infection are you dealing with
SearchConverterNet will carry out alterations to your browser which is why it is considered to be a browser hijacker. Freeware sometimes have some type of offers added, and when users don’t unmark them, they’re allowed to install. These unnecessary applications are why you ought to pay attention to how you install programs. Hijackers aren’t exactly malicious but they do carry out some dubious activity.
Your browser’s homepage and new tabs will be set to load the redirect virus’s advertised site instead of your usual web page. Your search engine will also be altered, and it might be able to inject sponsored content among the legitimate results. This is done so that the redirect virus could reroute you to advertisement websites, and the owners of those web pages could make profit from traffic and advertisements. Do bear in mind that redirects might redirect to contaminated web pages, which may result in serious threat. The malware contamination is not something you want to deal with as it could bring about severe harm. You might think hijackers are handy extensions but you can find the same features in trustworthy add-ons, ones that won’t try to reroute you. You won’t always be aware this but redirect viruses are tracking your activity and collecting data so that more personalized sponsored content may be made. The information may also be shared with third-parties. So we really recommend you terminate SearchConverterNet as quickly as possible.
What do I have to know about these threats
It is a known fact that hijackers come along with freeware bundles. We doubt that people would install them willingly, so free application bundles is the most probable method. Because users seldom pay attention to how they install software, redirect viruses and similar infections are permitted to be spread. Those offers will be hidden when you install software, and if you do not pay attention, you’ll miss them, which means they will be permitted to install. Do not use Default mode because they will permit unfamiliar installations. Choose Advanced or Custom mode when you are installing something, and attached offers will become visible. Unless you want to deal with unwanted installations, make sure you always deselect the items. Just unmark the boxes, and you may then continue installing the free software. Preventing the threat from the very beginning can save you a lot time because dealing with it later could be time-consuming and aggravating. You’re also suggested to not download from suspicious sources as they are a great method to spread malicious software.
One good thing about redirect viruses is that you will notice them immediately. Your homepage, new tabs and search engine will be modified without your explicit authorization, and it’s unlikely that you would miss that. All leading browsers will likely be altered, like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. The web page will load every time your browser is opened, and this will go on until you terminate SearchConverterNet from your operating system. Don’t waste time attempting to modify the settings back because the hijacker will just nullify your alterations. Browser hijackers might also set you a different search engine, so it wouldn’t be surprising if when you search for something through browser address bar, a weird page will load. It will possibly be inserting advertisement content into the results so that you’re rerouted. Browser redirects are sometimes implemented by website owners to boost traffic and earn more income, which is why reroutes are happening. With more people entering the site, it is more likely that the the possibility of users engaging with adverts is increased. If you press on those pages, you will quickly see that they have nothing to do with what you were searching for. Some could seem valid, for example, if you were to make an inquiry for ‘antivirus’, it’s possible you might encounter results for websites advertising dubious products but they might appear completely real in the beginning. You ought to to be cautious because certain sites may be harmful, which could permit serious threats to enter your operating system. Your browsing activity will also be followed, with the goal of collecting data about what interests you. Some hijackers share the data with unrelated parties, and it’s used to create more user relevant adverts. If not, the hijacker would use it to make the sponsored content more personalized. You need to delete SearchConverterNet, and if you’re still considering leaving it, read this report again. After the process is carried, you should be allowed to alter the browser’s settings to what you prefer.
How to terminate SearchConverterNet
Since you now are aware of what it does, you may erase SearchConverterNet. While you have two options when it comes to getting rid of the hijacker, by hand and automatic, you should pick the one best suiting your knowledge about computers. By hand required you finding where the browser hijacker is hiding yourself. While it isn’t difficult to do, it might take longer than you think, but instructions to aid you will be supplied. If you follow them step-by-step, you ought to not encounter issues. However, if you aren’t very computer-savvy, the other option may be better for you. In that case, obtain spyware elimination software, and have it take care of everything. Those programs are created with the aim of getting rid of infections like this, so you should not run into any problems. You’ve successfully gotten rid of the threat if you can nullify the modifications the hijacker executed to your browser. The threat is still present on your operating system if your browser keeps loading the hijacker’s page when you launch it. Try to stop unnecessary programs from installing in the future, and that means you should pay attention to how you install software. If you have good tech habits, you will be able to prevent loads of trouble.
Download Removal Toolto scan for SearchConverterNetUse our recommended removal tool to scan for SearchConverterNet. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like SearchConverterNet and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall SearchConverterNet and related programs.
Remove SearchConverterNet from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall SearchConverterNet from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete SearchConverterNet from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove SearchConverterNet from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for SearchConverterNet or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete SearchConverterNet from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase SearchConverterNet from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove SearchConverterNet from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall SearchConverterNet from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable SearchConverterNet and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.