What kind of infection are you dealing with
Searcher4u.com will perform changes to your browser which is why it is categorized as a browser hijacker. The infection was most likely adjoined to a free software as an additional item, and since you did not deselect it, it installed. It’s important that you are cautious when installing applications because if you are not, you will not be able to block these kinds of threats. Hijackers are rather low-level infections they do behave in an unnecessary way.
You will find that instead of the normal homepage and new tabs, your browser will now load a different page. Your search engine will also be modified into one that could be manipulating search results by inserting advertisement content into them. If you click on such a result, you’ll be rerouted to strange sites, whose owners are attempting to earn money from traffic. Do take into consideration that you might be redirected to infected pages, which could result in a malicious software infection. The malicious software contamination that you could get might bring about much more severe consequences, so make sure you avoid it. So that people see them as handy, browser hijackers try to appear very useful but the reality is, they’re replaceable with legitimate extensions which are not actively attempting to redirect you. You won’t always notice this but browser hijackers are tracking your activity and collecting data so that more customized sponsored content could be made. It would not be strange if that data was shared with third-parties too. And the faster you remove Searcher4u.com, the less time the browser hijacker will have to affect your system.
How does Searcher4u.com behave
You might see browser hijackers added to free programs as additional items. They are unneeded and pretty intrusive threats, so we doubt anyone would willingly installed them. The reason this method is successful is because users are careless when they install applications, missing all indications that something could be added. Those items will be hidden during installation, and if you aren’t paying attention, you’ll miss them, which means their installation will be allowed. Don’t opt Default settings as they won’t show anything. Make sure you always select Advanced (Custom) mode, as the items will be visible only there. It is suggested that you deselect all the offers. You should only continue with the application installation after you uncheck everything. Preventing the infection from the very beginning can save you a lot time because dealing with it later will be time-consuming. You should also stop downloading from questionable web pages, and instead, select official/legitimate pages/stores.
Whether you are knowledgeable about computers or not, you will be aware when a browser redirect is installed. Without needing your consent, it’ll alter your browser’s settings, setting your homepage, new tabs and search engine to a page its promoting. Popular browsers like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox will likely be affected. And unless you first delete Searcher4u.com from the operating system, you’ll be stuck with the website loading every time you open your browser. Do not waste time attempting to modify the settings back since the redirect virus will simply overrule your modifications. If you see that when you search for something via browser’s address bar, search results are made by a weird search engine, the hijacker likely altered it. We believe you will happen upon search results filled with advertisement content, since the threat is intending to redirect you. Hijackers will redirect to sponsored web pages since they intend to help owners make money. With more users entering the page, it’s more likely that the owners will be able to make more profit as more users will engage with ads. You will be able to tell the difference between those and legitimate web pages quite easily, mainly because they will not match your search inquiry. There will be cases, however, where they might seem real at first, if you were to search ‘virus’, sites endorsing bogus security applications may come up, and they could appear to be real in the beginning. You should to be cautious because certain websites may be harmful, which could allow severe threats to enter your PC. Furthermore, the redirect virus could also be following your Internet usage and gathering certain kind of data about you. Unrelated parties might also access the data, and then use it to create more personalized adverts. The redirect virus might also use it for its own purposes of customizing sponsored results to make it more personalized for you. Ensure you uninstall Searcher4u.com before it can lead to more severe trouble. Do not forget to reverse the modified settings after you’ve finished the process.
Since you now realize how the infection is affecting your system, remove Searcher4u.com. Manually and automatically are the two possible options for eliminating of the browser hijacker. Manual means you’ll have to identify the threat yourself. If you’re not sure how to proceed, scroll down to find the guidelines. By following the guidelines, you should not come across issues when trying to get rid of it. If the guidelines are not clear, or if the process itself is giving you issues, the other method may be more suitable for you. In that case, download spyware removal software, and discard the infection using it. Those programs are created with the aim of terminating threats such as this, so there should be no issues. You can check whether you were successful by making modifications to your browser’s settings, if your modifications aren’t nullified, the infection is gone. The threat still remains if your browser loads the same site. Now that you have experienced how annoying browser hijacker could be, try to block them. Make sure you develop decent computer habits because it may prevent a lot of trouble.
Download Removal Toolto scan for Searcher4u.comUse our recommended removal tool to scan for Searcher4u.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Searcher4u.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Searcher4u.com and related programs.
Remove Searcher4u.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Searcher4u.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Searcher4u.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Searcher4u.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Searcher4u.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Searcher4u.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Searcher4u.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Searcher4u.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Searcher4u.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Searcher4u.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.