About this contamination
TopSearchConverter.com is classified as a redirect virus, a relatively minor threat that can infiltrate suddenly. Many users might be baffled about how setup occurs, as they do not realize they themselves by accident installed it. Hijackers are usually seen distributed using freeware bundles. A browser hijacker is not a malicious virus and ought to not do any direct damage. It will, however, be able to cause reroutes to promoted sites. Those portals will not always not dangerous so if you entered a hazardous website, you may end up with a much more serious infection on your machine. You will get nothing by allowing the hijacker to stay. You must abolish TopSearchConverter if you want to protect your device.
Browser hijacker travel methods
Freeware usually travel with additional offers. It may have adware, browser intruders and various unnecessary applications added to it. People frequently end up installing browser intruders and other unnecessary utilities since they do not pick Advanced or Custom settings when setting up free software. Untick everything that appears in Advanced mode. Default mode won’t show any items so by using them, you are essentially allowing them to set up automatically. If it invaded your computer, eliminate TopSearchConverter.com.
Why must I uninstall TopSearchConverter?
Expect for your browser’s settings to be altered as soon as the redirect virus is set up. The site the hijacker is promoting will be set as your homepage, new tabs and search engine. All leading browsers, such as Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox, will be affected. If you want to be able to undo the modifications, you will have to first terminate TopSearchConverter.com. A search engine will be shown on your new home website but we do not recommend using it as it will embed advertisement content into the results, so as to redirect you. Browser intruders perform those redirects to peculiar portals because more traffic means more money for owners. You will be redirected to all kinds of odd portals, which makes reroute viruses awfully irritating deal with. Even if the browser intruder isn’t dangerous itself, it can still bring about serious outcomes. You could come across malware during one of those redirects, so the redirects are not always harmless. To stop this from happening, eliminate TopSearchConverter from your device.
How to delete TopSearchConverter.com
In order to terminate TopSearchConverter.com, you are suggested to use anti-spyware programs. Going with manual TopSearchConverter elimination means you will have to locate the redirect virus yourself. If you scroll down, you will find a guide to help you eliminate TopSearchConverter.
Download Removal Toolto scan for TopSearchConverter.comUse our recommended removal tool to scan for TopSearchConverter.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like TopSearchConverter.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall TopSearchConverter.com and related programs.
Remove TopSearchConverter.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall TopSearchConverter.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete TopSearchConverter.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove TopSearchConverter.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for TopSearchConverter.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete TopSearchConverter.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase TopSearchConverter.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove TopSearchConverter.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall TopSearchConverter.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable TopSearchConverter.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.