What kind of infection are you dealing with
watch-video.net browser hijacker may be to blame for the alterations carried out to your browser, and it could have entered through free software packages. The threat was possibly added to a freeware as an extra offer, and since you didn’t untick it, it was allowed to install. Such threats are why you ought to pay attention to what software you install, and how you do it. watch-video.net is not a high-level threat but its activity will get on your nerves.
Your browser’s homepage and new tabs will be modified, and a different site will load instead of your usual website. Your search engine will also be modified, and it may be capable of inserting sponsored links among the real results. The redirect virus is doing that because it aims to generate traffic for certain pages, which makes money for owners. Not all of those reroutes will lead to safe websites, so you could end up in a malware ridden-site and accidentally get a malware. The malicious software contamination that you could get might cause much more serious outcomes, so make sure that does not occur. You may consider hijackers useful but the features that they provide can be found in reliable plug-ins, ones that will not attempt to redirect you. You will not always notice this but browser hijackers are tracking your browsing and gathering information so that more customized sponsored content could be made. Or it could later share that information with third-parties. And the quicker you delete watch-video.net, the better.
What does watch-video.net do
It is a known fact that browser hijackers come together freeware packages. We doubt that people would install them knowingly, so free application packages is the most feasible method. This method is effective because people are likely to rush installations, not reading anything, and in general just being quite careless during program installation. Those items are generally hidden during installation, and if you’re not paying attention, you will not see them, which means they’ll be permitted to install. By choosing Default settings, you might be allowing all types of unnecessary items to install, so it would be best if you opted out of using them. Advanced or Custom mode, on the other hand, will display you those offers. If you do not wish to deal with unfamiliar installations, unchecking every offer that becomes visible. After you deselect all the offers, you can continue with the freeware installation. Dealing with these infections could be annoying so you would save yourself a lot of time and effort by initially stopping them. Additionally, be more careful about where you get your programs from as dubious sources can bring a lot of trouble.
When a redirect virus installs, it is rather noticeable. Your browser’s settings will be altered, the redirect virus setting a strange page as your homepage, new tabs and search engine, and it’ll be done without having to get your authorization. All popular browsers will probably be altered, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. And unless you first terminate watch-video.net from the PC, you will have to deal with the page loading every time your browser is launched. Every time you change the settings, the hijacker will just alter them again. If you see that when you search for something via browser’s address bar, search results are generated not by your set search engine, the redirect virus possibly altered it. We believe you will happen upon search results containing sponsored content, since the threat is intending to reroute you. The browser redirects will reroute you because they intend to help page owners earn more revenue from boosted traffic. When there are more users to interact with ads, owners can make more money. If you press on those pages, you will see that they rarely have anything to do with what you were searching for. Or they may seem legitimate, if you were to search for ‘anti-malware’, it’s possible you could get results for pages promoting shady antivirus software, but look to be valid in the beginning. Hijackers do not examine those websites for malware, therefore you could be redirected to a web page that would launch a malicious software enter onto your operating system. Another thing you ought to be aware of is that hijackers snoop on you so as to get data about what web pages you’re more likely to enter and what you are apt to searching for most. The collected data could be used to make more relevant adverts, if third-parties get access to it. The info could also be used by the redirect virus for the purposes of creating sponsored content which you’d be more inclined to click on. It is clear the hijacker does not belong on your system, so terminate watch-video.net. After you successfully get rid of it, you should be allowed to change the browser’s settings to what they were.
Ways to remove watch-video.net
Since you now realize what the infection is doing, it would best if you delete watch-video.net. Depending on on your computer experience, you can choose either manual and automatic way to rid the hijacker from your device. You’ll have to identify where the hijacker is concealed yourself if you pick the former method. The process itself shouldn’t be too hard, although it can be more time-consuming than you might have initially thought, but you’re welcome to use the below provided guidelines. The guidelines are quite understandable so you shouldn’t come across trouble. This method may not be the correct choice if you have no prior experience dealing with this kind of thing. The other option is to download spyware elimination software and have do everything for you. If it can spot the threat, have it terminate it. To check if the infection is successfully uninstalled, try changing your browser’s settings, if they are not reversed, it is a success. But, if the reroute virus’s website still loads as your home website, the hijacker was not entirely eliminated. Try to block unnecessary software from installing in the future, and that means you should pay attention when installing programs. If you wish to have a clean computer, you have to have good computer habits.
Download Removal Toolto scan for watch-video.netUse our recommended removal tool to scan for watch-video.net. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like watch-video.net and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall watch-video.net and related programs.
Remove watch-video.net from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall watch-video.net from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete watch-video.net from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove watch-video.net from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for watch-video.net or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete watch-video.net from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase watch-video.net from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove watch-video.net from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall watch-video.net from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable watch-video.net and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.