zvideo-live[.]com is a browser hijacker, also called a redirect virus, that targets Macs. It isn’t a serious computer infection that will cause your system serious problems. It is not benign, however, as it aims to redirect you to questionable web pages so as to generate traffic and revenue for those sites. Despite the fact that hijackers install silently, their behaviour once installed is an instant giveaway. You will start suddenly start getting redirects to random web pages, sponsored content will be displayed among real search results, and your browser will display other odd behaviour. Because some people aren’t aware of browser hijackers, they will not naturally associate the strange behaviour with them. A simple search of the signs/page redirected to with Google generally leads users to the hijacker diagnosis.
Besides redirecting to odd websites, hijackers also change browser’s settings. Another homepage/new tabs will greet you when you launch your browser, and it might be difficult to undo these changes. By changing your browser’s settings, hijackers are able to redirect you.
Many users regard hijackers as malware or viruses, which is not the case, meaning they don’t simply install without needing your permission. Users themselves install them, even if they don’t do it consciously. Software bundling is the method used by hijackers and other pests to install, which means they are attached to free software as added items and may install together with it. We will clarify how you can avoid installing the unwanted programs in the next section of the article, so do continue reading.
Eliminate zvideo-live[.]com as quickly as possible since while it is relatively minor, it’s still an infection. Hijackers can expose you to plenty of unreliable content, such as malicious programs and scams, in addition to your regular browsing being disrupted.
Browser hijacker distribution ways
We have mentioned this before, but freeware is frequently used by hijackers to install. This is called software bundling, and hijackers are attached as additional offers to freeware, and can install alongside without requiring extra permission. The thing about this method is that the extra offers are set to install together with the freeware but are concealed from users. It’s worth noting that as long as you pay attention to how you install software, blocking these not wanted installations shouldn’t cause too much trouble.
When installing freeware, opting for Advanced (Custom) settings is essential. Otherwise, the items will be concealed. Choosing Advanced settings makes all items visible and you’ll be able to deselect everything. Just unchecking the items will be sufficient to block the not wanted installations. It may take a long time to remove infections that are already installed, compared to the minimal time it takes to avoid their installation initially. You will be avoiding cluttering your system with useless junk as long as you pay attention to how you install software.
What does the hijacker do
Not long after installation, browser hijackers take over browsers like Safari, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox, and start to redirect to odd sites, which makes them immediately noticeable. It’ll modify your homepage and new tabs to its advertised website and you’ll be redirected to it whenever your browser is opened. The redirect virus will also change your search engine. The hijacker will expose you to modified search results by redirecting you to its sponsored website every time you use your browser address bar to search. Sponsored content will be added among the real results. In order to generate traffic and revenue, users are redirected to those sponsored sites by hijackers. Keep in mind that unfamiliar redirects are not only irritating but can also be potentially dangerous. As long as the redirect virus remains installed, it is not a good idea to engage with any sponsored or advertisement content. Websites you’ll be led to aren’t checked, and can easily be unsecure. Malware or scams may be lurking on the web pages the hijacker redirects you to. Hijackers don’t pose much threat to your device directly but you shouldn’t permit them to stay installed either.
It should also be said that browser hijackers snoop on users, and collect data about what they search for, what content they interact with, websites visited, their IP addresses, etc. The hijacker would also possibly share it with third-parties, and we doubt you want that.
If you’re still uncertain about whether to delete the hijacker, it installed on your Mac unauthorized, made changes to your browser’s settings, and aims to lead you to sponsored sites which may potentially be hosting malicious content. don’t wait to delete zvideo-live[.]com even if it does not look like a serious threat.
Ways to delete zvideo-live[.]com from your Mac
For the simplest way to uninstall zvideo-live[.]com, use anti-spyware programs. The software would take care of everything and ensure the threat is no longer present. Manual zvideo-live[.]com deletion is also possible, if you make sure all hijacker leftovers are gone. If zvideo-live[.]com elimination is successful, you can modify your browser’s settings back to what they were.
Download Removal Toolto scan for zvideo-live[.]comUse our recommended removal tool to scan for zvideo-live[.]com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like zvideo-live[.]com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall zvideo-live[.]com and related programs.
Remove zvideo-live[.]com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall zvideo-live[.]com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete zvideo-live[.]com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove zvideo-live[.]com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for zvideo-live[.]com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete zvideo-live[.]com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase zvideo-live[.]com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove zvideo-live[.]com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall zvideo-live[.]com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable zvideo-live[.]com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.