SearchConverterPro redirect virus may be to blame for the changes carried out to your browser, and it could have entered together with free software. Free programs normally have some kind of items added, and when people do not untick them, they permit them to install. Such threats are why you need to pay attention to what programs you install, and how you do it. While hijackers are not malicious infections themselves, their behavior is quite suspicious. example, you will see altered browser’s settings, and you new tabs and homepages will be set to load an entirely different page.
Your search engine will also be altered into one that may insert advertisement links among the legitimate results. It would attempt to reroute you to advertisement websites because increased traffic means more income for owners. Some users end up with malware via these kinds of redirects since some browser hijackers are able to redirect to malware-ridden pages. And a malicious program contaminations would bring about much more harm. You might consider redirect viruses useful but the features that they provide can be found in real extensions, ones that will not attempt to redirect you. You may also notice content you might be interested in, and that is because the hijacker is gathering information about you and following your searches. It wouldn’t be strange if that information was shared with third-parties as well. Therefore, uninstall SearchConverterPro, before it could have a more serious affect on your computer.
How does SearchConverterPro behave
It’s a known fact that browser hijackers come together free software packages. You were likely just careless, and you did not intentionally choose to install it. Because users do not pay attention to program installation processes, this method authorizes browser hijackers and similar infections to spread. In order t0 block their installation, you have to uncheck them, but since they’re hiding, you might not see them if you rush. Opt out of using Default settings as they don’t permit you to uncheck anything. Instead, select Advanced or Custom settings as they’ll display the offers and authorize you to uncheck them. If you don’t wish to deal with constant unknown applications, unchecking every box that appears. After you deselect all the items, you may continue with the freeware installation. Even though they are low-level infections, they are pretty aggravating to deal with and can provide difficulty when trying to get rid of it, so it is best if you stop their threat in the first place. Review what sources you use to download your applications because by using questionable sites, you risk infecting your machine with malicious software.
If a redirect virus manages to install, we really doubt you will not see the signs. Your home web page, new tabs and search engine will be changed without your explicit authorization, and it’s unlikely that you would miss that. Leading browsers including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox will possibly be affected. The site will load every time you open your browser, and this will go on until you terminate SearchConverterPro from your PC. Don’t waste time attempting to alter the settings back as the browser hijacker will simply overrule your modifications. It’s also likely changes would also be made to your default search engine, which would mean that every time you use the browser’s address bar to look for something, results would be generated not from your set search engine but from the hijacker’s promoted one. It will probably be implanting weird links into the results so that you would end up on advertisement web pages. Web page owners occasionally employ browser redirects to increase traffic and earn more income, which is why you’re redirected. After all, increased traffic means who are prone to clicking on adverts, meaning more revenue. You will be able to make a distinction between those and legitimate web pages quite easily, mainly because they’ll not match your search inquiry. Some of the results might look valid in the beginning but if you pay attention, you should be able to differentiate them. You should also take into account that browser redirects may redirect to malicious sites, ones concealing malware. Furthermore, the redirect virus might follow your browsing and gather certain type of information about you. You should to find out if the obtained info would be sold to third-parties, who may use it to personalize ads. Or the reroute virus could use it to make more customized sponsored results. You are strongly advised to delete SearchConverterPro as it will do more harm than good. Don’t forget to modify your browser’s settings back to usual after the termination process is carried out.
While the threat isn’t as serious as some others, we still suggest that you eliminate SearchConverterPro as quickly as possible. Termination may be carried out either by hand or automatically. Keep in mind that you will have to identify the hijacker yourself if you opt for the former method. While the process might be a bit more time-consuming than initially thought, it ought to be fairly easy to do, and if you need assistance, we’ve placed guidelines below this report to assist you. They should help you take care of the contamination, so follow them properly. It might not be the best option for those who don’t have much experience with computers, however. In that case, obtain spyware elimination software, and authorize it to get rid of the infection for you. Anti-spyware software is made for for disposing of such infections, so it should have no trouble dealing with it. To check if the infection is permanently removed, change your browser’s settings, if you are permitted to do so, you were successful. If they are reversed again to the hijacker’s website, you must have not noticed something and the redirect virus still remains. Make sure you avoid these infections in the future by installing programs attentively. If you want to have a clean device, you need to have at least decent computer habits.
Download Removal Toolto scan for SearchConverterProUse our recommended removal tool to scan for SearchConverterPro. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like SearchConverterPro and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall SearchConverterPro and related programs.
Remove SearchConverterPro from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall SearchConverterPro from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete SearchConverterPro from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove SearchConverterPro from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for SearchConverterPro or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete SearchConverterPro from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase SearchConverterPro from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove SearchConverterPro from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall SearchConverterPro from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable SearchConverterPro and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.