What is BestSearchConverter
BestSearchConverter is a redirect virus that possibly invaded your operating system through freeware packages. Free programs sometimes have some kind of offers attached, and when users don’t uncheck them, they allow them to install. It’s important that you are vigilant during application installation because otherwise, you won’t be able to block these kinds of infections. While hijackers aren’t high-level infections but their actions are pretty dubious.
Your browser’s home web page and new tabs will be modified, and a strange page will load instead of your normal web page. It will change your search engine, which may inject advertisement links among the real results. The browser hijacker is doing that because it aims to boost traffic for some pages, which earns profit for owners. Do take into consideration that you could be redirected a malware infection. And would cause much more harm compared to this threat. In order for people to see them as useful, hijackers attempt to seem very handy but the reality is, you could easily replace them with proper plug-ins which aren’t actively attempting to reroute you. You ought to also know that some hijackers would be able to follow user behavior and collect certain data in order to know what kind of content you are more interested in. In addition, questionable third-parties may be given access to that info. Therefore, eliminate BestSearchConverter, before it can have a more serious affect on your OS.
What do I need to know about these infections
This may come as surprise but hijackers are generally attached to free applications. They are obviously pretty invasive infections, so it’s dubious anyone would install them otherwise. This method is effective because users tend to rush when installing something, not reading the information given, and in general just being rather careless when installing applications. Pay attention to the process because items are concealed, and by not noticing them, you are essentially giving them permission to install. Picking Default mode would be a mistake as they won’t show anything. Unchecking those items is essential, but they will only be apparent in Advanced (Custom) mode. Ensure you uncheck all the offers. After all the items have been deselected, you can continue the freeware installation. Dealing with the threat could take a while not to mention it being annoying, so it’s best if you prevent the threat initially. In addition, be more selective about where you get your programs from as suspicious sources can lead to malicious program infections.
If a browser hijacker manages to install, we really doubt you would not see. It will modify your browser’s settings, set a strange site as your homepage, new tabs and search engine, and it’ll do that even if you do not agree with the changes. All popular browsers will possibly be affected, like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. The website will load every time your browser is opened, and this will go on until you remove BestSearchConverter from your computer. And even if you try to modify the settings back, the browser redirect will just nullify them. There is also a possibility changes would also be made to your default search engine, which would mean that whenever you use the browser’s address bar, results would created from the hijacker’s set search engine. Be cautious of advertisement content implanted among the results since you might be redirected. Browser hijackers will lead to dubious websites as their intention is to help owners make revenue. After all, more traffic means more people on adverts, meaning more money. If you click on those pages, you will notice that they seldom have anything to do with what you were searching for. Some of the results may look legitimate in the beginning but if you pay attention, you should be able to tell the difference. The reason you have to be careful is because some pages might be dangerous, which might result in a severe infection. Redirect viruses are also keen on learning your browsing habits, so it’s likely it is following your browsing. The info may also be shared with unfamiliar parties, who could use it for advertisement purposes. Or the redirect virus would use it to make more customized sponsored results. That’s why you ought to uninstall BestSearchConverter. And after you finish the process, there should not be issues with modifying browser’s settings.
If you wish for your Internet surfing to return to normal, you’ll have to uninstall BestSearchConverter, and the quicker you do it, the better. There are two options when it comes to getting rid of this threat, whether you opt for by hand or automatic ought to depend on how computer-savvy you are. By hand entails you finding the hijacker’s location yourself. While it is not hard to do, it might take longer than you think, but instructions to help you will be presented. By following the instructions, you shouldn’t come across problems when trying to get rid of it. This method might not be the correct choice if you do not have experience when it comes to dealing with unwanted programs. You could download anti-spyware software and have do everything for you. Those programs are designed with the intention of wiping out threats like this, so there should be no problems. You may make sure you were successful by modifying browser’s settings, if you are permitted to, the contamination is gone. If they are reversed again to the hijacker’s site, the infection is not gone from your operating system. Now that you have realized how annoying redirect virus can be, you should try to block them. Good computer habits will help you avoid loads of trouble.
Download Removal Toolto scan for BestSearchConverterUse our recommended removal tool to scan for BestSearchConverter. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like BestSearchConverter and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall BestSearchConverter and related programs.
Remove BestSearchConverter from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall BestSearchConverter from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete BestSearchConverter from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove BestSearchConverter from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for BestSearchConverter or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete BestSearchConverter from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase BestSearchConverter from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove BestSearchConverter from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall BestSearchConverter from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable BestSearchConverter and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.