What is OurConverterSearch
OurConverterSearch hijacker could be responsible for the altered browser’s settings, and it must have infected your machine together with freeware. Browser hijackers may usually be found attached to free software, and if they go unseen, they would install without the user even noticing. Such threats are why it’s crucial that you are careful when you install programs. This is a low level infection but because of its unwanted behavior, you’ll want to get rid of it as soon as possible.
Your browser’s homepage and new tabs will be set to load the hijacker’s advertised site instead of your normal web page. Your search engine will also be changed into one that may inject advertisement content into results. It would try to reroute you to advertisement websites as more traffic for those pages means more profit for owners. Not all of those redirects will lead to safe sites, so be cautious of malicious software. And a malicious program contaminations would cause much more harm. You might consider redirect viruses handy but you can find the same features in proper extensions, ones that will not pose a threat to your computer. More personalized content will also start appearing, and if you are wondering why, the hijacker is following your browsing and collecting data about you. Furthermore, unrelated third-parties could be granted access to that data. Thus, uninstall OurConverterSearch, before it could have a more serious affect on your system.
What you should know about these threats
You likely came across the redirect virus unintentionally, when you were installing freeware. Since they’re very aggravating infections, we highly doubt you got it willingly. The reason this method is so broadly used is because users are careless when installing applications, which means they miss all indications that something added. In order t0 prevent their installation, they have to be deselected, but because they’re concealed, you might not notice them by hurrying the process. Choosing Default mode would be a mistake as they will not show anything. Make sure you always choose Advanced or Custom settings, as only there will added items not be concealed. Ensure you uncheck all the offers. You should only continue with the program installation after you have deselected everything. We doubt you want to be spending time attempting to deal with it, so it is best if you stop the threat in the first place. In addition, be more selective about where you get your software from as untrustworthy sources could bring a lot of trouble.
Even if you are not the most computer-savvy person, you will be aware when a hijacker is installed. Your search engine, new tabs and home website will be set to a different website, and the hijacker won’t ask your specific consent before carrying out those modifications. It is probable that it will alter all of the leading browsers, like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. The web page will greet you every time you open your browser, and this will continue until you eliminate OurConverterSearch from your operating system. Altering the settings back would a waste of time as the browser hijacker will overrule them. If when you search for something results are generated not by your set search engine, it’s probable that the hijacker is responsible. You’ll encounter sponsored links implanted in the results, seeing as hijackers aim to reroute to certain websites. Those redirects are happening because browser redirects intend to help certain site owners make more profit from increased traffic. When more people engage with ads, owners are able to make more income. If you click on those sites, you will be taken to web pages with no relation to what you were looking for, where you will find no appropriate information. In some cases, they could look legitimate, so if you were to search ‘computer’, results with dubious hyperlinks might come up but you would not notice initially. You might even be redirected to websites that have malicious software on them. In addition, the hijacker could also be keeping an eye on how you browse the Internet and collecting certain kind of information about you. Reroute viruses also share the info with third-parties, and it’s used to create more user relevant ads. The information may also be used by the reroute virus for the purposes of personalizing sponsored results to make it more personalized for you. For all the reasons mentioned above you should remove OurConverterSearch. Since the hijacker will no longer be there to stop you, after you carry out the process, ensure you undo the redirect virus’s executed alterations.
Ways to eliminate OurConverterSearch
Since you now are aware of what kind of infection you are dealing with, you can remove OurConverterSearch. You have a couple of options when it comes to getting rid of this contamination, whether you opt for by hand or automatic should depend on how computer-savvy you are. Manual method means you will need to do everything yourself, including locating the contamination. The process itself is not difficult, albeit more time-consuming than you may have initially thought, but you are welcome to use the below presented guidelines. By following the instructions, you should not come across issues when attempting to get rid of it. The other option might be right for you if you have little experience when it comes to dealing with not wanted programs. The other option is to acquire anti-spyware software and have do everything for you. Spyware elimination software will identify the threat and have no issues dealing with it. If your browser permits you to alter the settings back, the hijacker’s uninstallation process was a success, and it’s not preset on your computer. If the same website keeps loading even after modifying the settings, the redirect virus is still present. You may avoid these and similar infections in the future by installing software carefully. If you wish to have an uncluttered device, you need to have good computer habits.
Download Removal Toolto scan for OurConverterSearchUse our recommended removal tool to scan for OurConverterSearch. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like OurConverterSearch and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall OurConverterSearch and related programs.
Remove OurConverterSearch from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall OurConverterSearch from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete OurConverterSearch from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove OurConverterSearch from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for OurConverterSearch or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete OurConverterSearch from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase OurConverterSearch from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove OurConverterSearch from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall OurConverterSearch from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable OurConverterSearch and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.