Mshta.exe Removal Instructions (Uninstall Mshta.exe)
Mshta.exe is an executable file that belongs to Windows operating system. It can be found in the C:WindowsSystem32 folder and its size ranges from 12,800 bytes to 47,104 bytes. If you have a file with the same name, however, its location and size differ from the already-mentioned ones, you are dealing with an unreliable component.
The non-genuine Mshta.exe file may belong to a potentially unwanted or an ad-supported application. It is usually linked to apps that flood your browsers with commercial data. There is nothing useful about them, which is why we suggest that you terminate Mshta.exe without hesitation.
The application to which Mshta.exe belongs is responsible for various adverts that appear in your browsers. Some of these ads may be presented in Japanese. These adverts are completely useless for non-Japanese speaking users. In fact, you should be cautious with them, even if you do speak the language. The pop-ups, banners, coupons, and other ads could be completely fake. They may lead you to unreliable websites containing virtual scams. This may result in such dangerous consequences as malware infections, money losses, and so on. There is no question that you should delete Mshta.exe from your computer.
Potentially unwanted and ad-supported apps get distributed in free software bundles. They are presented to you as optional offers, which you may overlook during the installation process. If you do, you automatically agree to them. That is not something we would advise to do in the future. On the contrary, you should be very careful with free software installation. It is always advisable to choose the Advanced installation mode and decline all additional offers presented to you. The offered programs are rarely of any use and it would be best to stay away from them. As for now, you should focus on Mshta.exe removal.
How to remove Mshta.exe?
We advise that you use a powerful anti-malware utility in order to eliminate Mshta.exe from your computer. You can download the utility from our page. It will perform a full system scan and detect all unwanted files and programs on your PC. You will then be able to use the software to delete Mshta.exe along with other threats. Moreover, the malware remover also functions as a malware prevention tool, which means that it will shield your system from other threats you may encounter online. Alternative solution is to remove Mshta.exe manually. This can be done by properly uninstalling the application that is responsible for the executable file. Instructions below can help you with this task.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Mshta.exeUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Mshta.exe. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Mshta.exe and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Mshta.exe and related programs.
Remove Mshta.exe from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Mshta.exe from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Mshta.exe from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Mshta.exe from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Mshta.exe or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Mshta.exe from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Mshta.exe from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Mshta.exe from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Mshta.exe from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Mshta.exe and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.