About this infection
netfind.com is a website that would be set as your homepage if you have a particular browser hijacker installed. Browser hijackers are not malicious infections but they are very irritating to deal with. They change browser’s settings so that their promoted sites are set as your homepage, and try to redirect you to sponsored pages. These kinds of redirects are why hijackers exist in the first place. They increase traffic for certain sites, which makes site owners money. You should also be aware that certain hijackers are able to lead users to malicious domains, where malware could be waiting. Thus, if you want to avoid a possibly serious infection, you should delete netfind.com. And to avoid this kind of infection again, read the next paragraph carefully.
Avoiding browser hijackers
If you want to prevent hijacker infections, you need to pay closer attention to how you install free programs. Hijackers, adware and other kinds of potentially unwanted programs are added to freeware as extra offers, and to block them from installing, you need to deselect them. This can be easily done in Advanced or Custom settings of the freeware installation process. Choose those settings, and make sure you deselect all the items that appear there. They did not even ask for your explicit permission to install so they do not belong on your computer. Initially deselecting everything will save you loads of time and trouble because you will not have to remove netfind.com or similar later on.
Why uninstall netfind.com?
The hijacker will immediately change your browser’s settings and set its promoted site as your homepage. These changes will come out of the blue and without your permission, which does not make one trust the site. They will affect all of the popular browsers you have installed, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox, so you will notice the infection immediately. And the sooner you notice it, the sooner you can delete netfind.com. Your new homepage looks ordinary, has a search engine, as well as articles on trending topics. We do not recommend you use any of the provided services as it may not be safe. The search engine could be inserting sponsored content into the results so that it could redirect you. Some of the redirects could even lead to malicious sites, and that could result in a malware infection. The hijacker could also be collecting certain kind of information about you and your browsing habits so that it could show more relevant sponsored content. We doubt you will benefit from keeping the hijacker installed so we suggest you remove netfind.com.
If you want the easiest way to uninstall netfind.com, you should obtain anti-spyware software. The program would find and make sure to get rid of the hijacker for you. You can also go with manual netfind.com removal, but you’d need to find the hijacker yourself, which could take time.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove NetFind.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall NetFind.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like NetFind.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Plumbytes is a reliable security software that can provide you with a rich set of beneficial features. It belongs to a UK-based company called Plumbytes Software, LP. The application functions as a ma ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall NetFind.com and related programs.
Remove NetFind.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall NetFind.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete NetFind.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove NetFind.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for NetFind.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete NetFind.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase NetFind.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove NetFind.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall NetFind.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable NetFind.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.