AgileHelp is responsible for the increase in advertisements on your screen
AgileHelp will expose you to advertisements as it’s an adware infection. We ought to say that adware is not an overly dangerous system infection. Adware can cause highly aggravating trouble but it shouldn’t harm your PC. Adware symptoms you should look out for are unusual redirects to strange websites, and a sudden increase in ads and pop-ups when browsing. Adware may not be a damaging infection itself, but its shown adverts might be completely different. Since no one regulates the ads, they might be promoting all types of suspicious things, such as bogus giveaways, malicious software, and tech-support scams.
The infection usually installs through freeware bundles. Adware, in addition to other infections, is generally adjoined to popular free software as an extra offer. Because many users are not aware of them being there, they end up installing them by accident, even if the offers are optional. The following paragraph of the article will explain how you can prevent these unwanted installations, so we suggest reading it carefully.
How does adware spread
Adware is installed through the bundling method because users have no reason to intentionally install it. Popular free programs generally have an extra offer, such as adware, adjoined to them, and it’s permitted to install alongside when users are installing said free software. The offers are optional but are preselected by default and concealed, which makes the bundling method a dubious method of distribution. The offers install alongside because users generally do not pay sufficient attention to see anything being added.
These unwanted installations are easy to prevent, if you pay attention to freeware installation processes. You’ll be given the option of selecting either Advanced (Custom) settings or Default, select the former. Advanced settings will both make all adjoined offers visible and allow you to deselect all of them.
What does adware do
The infection doesn’t directly harm the computer so it isn’t exceptionally dangerous, but it’s not entirely harmless. Once adware has added itself to popular browsers you use (Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox), an increase in adverts will be very evident. Since adverts generated by adware might be unsafe, it is highly advised that you avoid interacting with any while adware remains installed. Some ads you need to be cautious about the most. Most potentially dangerous ads are tech-support scams requesting users to call strange numbers, advertisements promoting suspicious programs and false updates, and bogus “you have won” ads. If you are careless, crooks might steal your personal and financial information, and your PC might get infected with malware.
Avast, Kaspersky, Symantec, Malwarebytes, AVG and other virus removal software detect the infection as AgileHelp. Using anti-virus software to remove AgileHelp would be best.
For users with little experience with how to remove programs, it’s highly advised to use anti-virus software for AgileHelp elimination. If you attempt to manually uninstall AgileHelp, you might miss some files and leave remaining files, which may allow the adware to restore.
Download Removal Toolto scan for AgileHelpUse our recommended removal tool to scan for AgileHelp. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like AgileHelp and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall AgileHelp and related programs.
Remove AgileHelp from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall AgileHelp from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete AgileHelp from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove AgileHelp from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for AgileHelp or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete AgileHelp from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase AgileHelp from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove AgileHelp from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall AgileHelp from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable AgileHelp and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.