What kind of threat are you dealing with
Chat-message.live is a browser hijacker that was probably added to freeware, which is how it infected your PC. Redirect viruses can generally be found added to freeware, and if they go undetected, they would install without the user actually seeing. Similar infections are why you ought to pay attention to how applications are installed. While hijackers aren’t classified as malicious themselves, their behavior is somewhat suspicious. Your browser’s homepage and new tabs will be changed, and a different website will load instead of your normal website.
What you will also notice is that your search is altered, and it may be able to manipulate search results and insert advertisement links into them. If you click on such a result, you’ll be rerouted to strange pages, whose owners are trying to earn money from traffic. Certain browser hijacker are able to redirect to infected websites so unless you want to get your device contaminated with malware, you need to be cautious. Malicious programs is a much more serious threat and it could bring about severe damage. You might believe browser hijackers are helpful plug-ins but you could find the same features in trustworthy add-ons, ones that won’t redirect you to malicious websites. You might also notice more customized sponsored content, and that is because the redirect virus is collecting data about you and tracking your searches. Problematic third-parties might also get access to that data. And the sooner you remove Chat-message.live, the better.
How does Chat-message.live act
Freeware packages is the likely way you infected your PC. They are definitely very intrusive infections, so we doubt anyone would willingly installed them. Because people don’t pay attention to how they install programs, hijackers and similar threats can be distributed. You must pay attention since offers tend to hide, and you not seeing them is like authorizing them to install. Default settings will conceal the offers, and if you still choose to use them, you might be risking installing all types of unnecessary infections. Advanced or Custom mode, on the other hand, will make the offers visible. Unchecking all the offers is recommended if you want to prevent the unfamiliar applications. After all the offers have been deselected, you may continue the free program installation. Dealing with the infection may take a while not to mention it being annoying, so it is best if you block the threat initially. You are also encouraged to not download from dubious sources as they are a great method to distribute malicious software.
Hijacker infections are noticed almost immediately, even by non computer-savvy people. Your search engine, new tabs and home web page will be different, and the hijacker will not need your consent to carry out those changes. Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox will be included in the list of browsers affected. And until you terminate Chat-message.live from the machine, you will be stuck with the site loading every time you launch your browser. Each time you change the settings, the browser redirect will just modify them again. It’s also possible that your search engine will be changed, which would mean that whenever you use the browser’s address bar, results would be generated from the redirect virus’s set search engine. It’s possible you will run into search results containing advertisement links, since the threat is aiming to redirect you. Redirect viruses aim to redirect to certain pages so that owners may make profit. With more visitors, it is more likely that the the chances of users engaging with adverts increases. Those sites are oftentimes rather obvious because they evidently have nothing to do with what you were actually looking for. There will be cases, however, where they might look real initially, if you were to search ‘virus’, pages advertising false security applications could come up, and they may seem legitimate in the beginning. Take into account that browser hijackers might also lead to infected web pages, where you can bump into a serious infection. Your browsing activity will also be overseen, data about what you would be interested in collected. You need to find out if the obtained data would be shared with third-parties, who may use it to personalize advertisements. After some time, more personalized sponsored content will begin appearing, and that is because the hijacker is using the information obtained. Make sure you delete Chat-message.live before more severe threats come your way. You ought to also change your browser’s settings back to usual after you have completed the process.
Ways to remove Chat-message.live
Since you now are aware of what type of threat you are dealing with, you can remove Chat-message.live. You will need to choose from manual and automatic methods for getting rid of the hijacker and, neither of which are particularly hard to perform. If you have experience with uninstalling programs, you can proceed with the former, as you will have to find the infection’s location yourself. The process itself should not be too complex, although it could be more time-consuming than you may have initially thought, but you are welcome to make use of the guidelines presented below this article. They should provide the guidance you need to take care of the threat, so ensure you follow them properly. If you have a hard time with the guidelines, or if the process itself is giving you problems, choosing the other method would be best. In that case, download anti-spyware software, and get rid of the infection using it. The software will spot the infection and once it does, you just have to permit it to wipe out the hijacker. Try to change your browser’s settings, if you could do it, the elimination process was a success. If the same website keeps loading even after modifying the settings, the reroute virus is still present. Now that you have realized the nuisance that is a browser hijacker, you should try to block them. If you have good computer habits, you will be able to prevent loads of trouble.
Download Removal Toolto scan for Chat-message.liveUse our recommended removal tool to scan for Chat-message.live. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Chat-message.live and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Chat-message.live and related programs.
Remove Chat-message.live from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Chat-message.live from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Chat-message.live from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Chat-message.live from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Chat-message.live or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Chat-message.live from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Chat-message.live from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Chat-message.live from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Chat-message.live from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Chat-message.live and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.