EnhancementLaptop is a very generic adware infection from the AdLoad malware family. It’s a type of infection that will expose you to sponsored content via ads. Fortunately, it will not cause any direct damage to your Mac as that is not its main purpose. Instead, it will focus on generating revenue. However, we should mention that some of the ads that adware shows you could expose you to potentially dangerous content and scams.
Adware infections from this family are very obvious because they’re clearly visible in your Applications folder. If you open your Applications folder and see EnhancementLaptop adware or something similar, your Mac is infected with adware. The neverending ads would also give it away. You will be shown all kinds of ads, from regular ones to pop-ups and random redirects.
One particular ad that adware is known to spam is fake virus alerts. These fake alerts claim that users’ computers are infected with serious malware that’s stealing files and exposing information. The alerts aim to trick users into calling certain phone numbers that belong to professional scammers who pretend to work for companies like Apple and Microsoft. The point of these scams is to trick users into paying for tech support services users didn’t receive or actually need in the first place.
The thing about adware infections is that they track and collect information related to users’ browsing. To be specific, the adware will track your searches, what sites you visit, and even your IP address. It’s not uncommon for this information to be sold to other third parties as well. The adware has no useful features so there’s no reason to put up with any kind of data collection from such a program. The quicker you remove EnhancementLaptop adware, the quicker you can go back to your usual browsing.
If you can see EnhancementLaptop adware in your Applications folder, you need to get rid of it. It would be easiest to use an anti-malware program to delete EnhancementLaptop adware because the program would take care of everything. Instructions for manual EnhancementLaptop adware removal will also be provided at the very end of this report.
How did EnhancementLaptop adware install on your computer?
Adware and browser hijackers take advantage of users not paying attention when installing programs to install. A method known as software bundling is used to install these types of infections. The way it works is those infections are attached to free programs as extra offers. The offers are technically optional but they are permitted to install automatically unless users manually prevent them from doing so. However, to stop them from installing, users need to manually deselect them. This is made difficult by the fact that the offers are not visible in the settings users normally use. Unless users are paying close attention when installing programs, they won’t even notice the offers. This makes the software bundling method quite frowned upon, and programs that use it are often classified as potentially unwanted by anti-virus programs.
It’s important to choose the correct settings during program installations. Installation windows normally recommend using Default settings because users would not need to do anything. However, those settings authorize the added offers to be installed without users knowing. So instead of Default, it’s better to choose Advanced (Custom) settings. Advanced settings will show if anything is added to the program. To prevent the offer(s) from installing, deselecting the boxes is all that users need to do.
You should keep in mind that the majority of free programs, especially ones you download from unreliable sources, will come with added offers. So unless you want a junk-filled computer, you need to pay attention when installing programs and make sure to deselect the offers.
Adware is also often disguised as legitimate programs. They’re often advertised as useful tools on questionable app stores and sites. This is why it’s necessary to research programs prior to installing them. At the very least, do a quick Google search before installing something.
EnhancementLaptop adware removal
You can remove EnhancementLaptop adware both manually and using anti-malware software. It’s not a serious malware infection so it does not necessarily require you to use an anti-malware program. Though it would be easier to use it.
If you want to delete EnhancementLaptop adware manually but do not know how to do it, use the directions provided at the end. Once the adware is gone, your browsing will go back to normal.
EnhancementLaptop adware is detected as:
- MacOS:AdAgent-DH [Adw] by Avast/AVG
- A Variant Of OSX/Adware.Synataeb.H by ESET
- Not-a-virus:HEUR:AdWare.OSX.Searchproxy. by Kaspersky
- PUA:MacOS/Searchproxy.E!MTB by Microsoft
- Gen:Variant.Adware.MAC.Adload.23 by BitDefender
Download Removal Toolto scan for EnhancementLaptop adwareUse our recommended removal tool to scan for EnhancementLaptop adware. Trial version of provides detection of computer threats like EnhancementLaptop adware and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall EnhancementLaptop adware and related programs.
Remove EnhancementLaptop adware from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall EnhancementLaptop adware from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete EnhancementLaptop adware from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove EnhancementLaptop adware from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for EnhancementLaptop adware or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete EnhancementLaptop adware from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase EnhancementLaptop adware from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove EnhancementLaptop adware from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall EnhancementLaptop adware from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable EnhancementLaptop adware and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.