What is ComplexPortal
Detected by anti-virus programs like Avast, Kaspersky, Malwarebytes, AVG, Symantec as ComplexPortal, it’s an adware program that will show on your screen. Compared to other infections you could get, this isn’t too severe. While adware shouldn’t be damaging to your computer, it is a very irritating infection. Adware symptoms normally include an increase in weird pop-ups and advertisements, as well as redirects to weird sites. Adware itself isn’t considered to be damaging but the problem with such infections is the ads. Content such as bogus giveaways, malicious software and tech-support scams might be advertised by those advertisements.
The infection commonly installs via freeware bundles. Adware, as well as other infections, comes added as an extra offer to free software. These extra offers are not obligatory but most users are not aware of them, meaning they can’t deselect the offers. We firmly suggest you read the proceeding section of the article to find out how you can stop the unnecessary offers from installing.
How is adware distributed
As it wouldn’t be installed by users intentionally, adware is usually spread through program bundling. Basically, adware is usually attached to freeware as an additional offer, and when users install said free programs, they accidentally install the adware as well. The adjoined offers are set to install alongside by default and hidden from users, despite being not compulsory, which makes this a rather controversial method of installation. Since users usually pay little attention to how they install software, they end up missing those offers.
It is essential to attentively follow the process when installing freeware. At some point during installation, you will be asked to select settings, it is important that you click Advanced. Advanced settings will disclose all hidden offers and you will be able to uncheck them.
What does adware do
By itself, adware is not exactly a harmful infection, but while it shouldn’t do direct damage to the computer, it isn’t completely harmless either. Once adware has adjoined itself to major browsers you use (Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox), an increase in ads will be very noticeable. While adware is installed, we strongly recommend you avoid clicking on any advertisements as they might not be safe. It needs to be said that certain ads may be more harmful to your device than others. Certain adverts will say that it’s necessary to call tech-support to delete a supposed malware infection, that you should download a supposedly important update, or that you’ve won some type of present. Interacting with such advertisements may lead to your sensitive data stolen, as well as your system getting infected with malicious software.
Anti-virus software like Avast, Kaspersky, Symantec, Malwarebytes, and AVG detect the adware as ComplexPortal. If there is anti-virus software on your PC, have it delete ComplexPortal.
How to uninstall ComplexPortal
The easiest method to remove ComplexPortal would be use virus removal software. ComplexPortal removal might be possible but you might not see leftover files.
Download Removal Toolto scan for ComplexPortalUse our recommended removal tool to scan for ComplexPortal. Trial version of provides detection of computer threats like ComplexPortal and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall ComplexPortal and related programs.
Remove ComplexPortal from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall ComplexPortal from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete ComplexPortal from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove ComplexPortal from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for ComplexPortal or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete ComplexPortal from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase ComplexPortal from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove ComplexPortal from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall ComplexPortal from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable ComplexPortal and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.