What is foxsearch.me?
Foxsearch.me is a browser hijacker that is not related to Google Chrome in any way even though there is a word “Chrome” in its name. This search engine is not even considered a reputable search provider, so if you ever discover it set as your new homepage, search tool, or New Tab URL on all your browsers, you should delete foxsearch.me as soon as possible.
As research has shown, it acts as a real browser hijacker. First, it changes all the settings of users’ browsers without their permission. Second, not all the search results it displays to users are trustworthy. If you need more information about foxsearch.me so that you could decide upon its future, you should carefully read the paragraph that follows.
What does foxsearch.me do?
foxsearch.me is not the first browser hijacker detected by malware experts, so it has become quickly clear how it works on victims’ computers after infiltrating them. As you already know, this search tool changes browsers’ settings first things first, which is why it is called a browser hijacker. Then, it starts showing sponsored links to users when they search the web. It is not an advertising-supported application, so it will not start opening advertisements on your screen automatically; however, you might see these sponsored links among ordinary search results. You might think that you could avoid those links easily, but it is not true. No doubt, you will one day click on them. Like ordinary search results, these links open third-party pages; however, the chances are high that they will redirect to malicious pages, malware experts say. Because of this, we would uninstall foxsearch.me in your case as soon as possible. You also need to remove foxsearch.me from your browsers in order not to allow it to record details about your online behavior and your interests.
Why do I have foxsearch.me set on my browsers?
It is not very likely that you are the one responsible for the appearance of foxsearch.me on your browsers. It is a typical browser hijacker, so it must have entered your system illegally. No doubt it has already slithered onto your computer and applied changes to your browsers if you see foxsearch.me when you open any web browser you have. You should delete foxsearch.me right away no matter how it has shown up on your system because it is one of those search tools that might only bring problems.
How do I remove foxsearch.me?
You should implement the foxsearch.me removal as soon as possible if you have found it set on your browsers without permission. There are two ways to delete the browser hijacker. First, you can erase it from all your browsers by simply setting a new URL in its place, i.e. changing your homepage, default search tool, and New Tab manually. The second method is an automatic one. If you go for the automatic foxsearch.me removal, you will need to scan your system with a reputable tool – you can download it from the Internet.
Download Removal Toolto scan for Foxsearch.meUse our recommended removal tool to scan for Foxsearch.me. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Foxsearch.me and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Foxsearch.me and related programs.
Remove Foxsearch.me from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Foxsearch.me from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Foxsearch.me from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Foxsearch.me from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Foxsearch.me or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Foxsearch.me from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Foxsearch.me from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Foxsearch.me from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Foxsearch.me from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Foxsearch.me and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.