About this contamination
Hilltimer.info is believed to be a redirect virus that can install without your authorization. Installation commonly happens accidentally and frequently users aren’t even aware of how it happened. It is distributed adjoined to free software so if it’s on your PC, you didn’t notice it being adjoined when you installed free applications. It won’t directly damage your OS as it’s not thought to be malware. You will, however, experience constant reroutes to sponsored pages, because that is the prime reason behind their existence. Reroute viruses do not guarantee the pages are not dangerous so you could be rerouted to one that would lead to a malware contamination. It isn’t advised to keep it as it is quite impractical to you. You must uninstall Hilltimer.info as it does not belong on your OS.
How are reroute viruses most commonly set up
Freeware usually travel together with extra offers. Adware, hijackers and other probably undesirable applications may come as those additional items. You may only check for extra items in Advanced (Custom) mode so pick those settings to evade setting up hijackers or other not wanted tools. If something has been attached, simply unmark the boxes. By opting for Default mode, you are basically authorizing them to install automatically. It will take much longer to terminate Hilltimer.info than it would to unmark a few boxes, so take that into consideration the next time you rush through setup.
Why must you uninstall Hilltimer.info?
When a reroute virus installs your PC, it will alter your browser’s settings. Your browser’s home website, new tabs and search engine have been set to display the website the redirect virus’s advertised portal. All popular browsers, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox, will be affected. If you want to be able to undo the changes, you must make sure to first eliminateHilltimer.info. We recommend you avoid using the search engine promoted on your new home web page since it will implant sponsored content into the results, in order to reroute you. The browser intruder is aiming to generate as much revenue as possible, which is why those redirects would occur. You will quickly grow frustrated with the redirect virus as it will constantly redirect you to weird pages. While the browser intruder is not damaging itself, it can still bring about severe consequences. You could experience the ‘pleasure’ of encountering malicious software when being redirected, so the reroutes aren’t always non-harmful. it doesn’t belong on your OS.
Using anti-spyware applications software to delete Hilltimer.info would be the easiest way as everything would be done for you. Manual Hilltimer.info removal means you will have to find the redirect virus yourself, which might take time as you will have to find the reroute virus yourself. However, a guide on how to abolish Hilltimer.info will be provided below this article.
Download Removal Toolto scan for Hilltimer.infoUse our recommended removal tool to scan for Hilltimer.info. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Hilltimer.info and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Hilltimer.info and related programs.
Remove Hilltimer.info from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Hilltimer.info from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Hilltimer.info from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Hilltimer.info from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Hilltimer.info or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Hilltimer.info from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Hilltimer.info from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Hilltimer.info from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Hilltimer.info from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Hilltimer.info and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.