About this browser hijacker
Landslide Search is a weird browser intruder that exists to create traffic. The hijacker might take over your web browser and make undesirable alterations to it. Whilst they do annoy quite a few users with undesirable modifications and dubious reroutes, redirect viruses are not referred to as hazardous malware. They don’t directly jeopardize your OS but one is more likely to bump into damaging malevolent viruses. Hijackers don’t check the sites they may direct you to, so dangerous program could install if users were to enter an infected site. Users could be directed to strange portals by the doubtful site, thus there is no reason why one ought to not uninstall Landslide Search.
Why youought to abolish Landslide Search?
The reason Landslide Search has contaminated your computer is because you have set up free programs and did not notice added items. Potentially not wanted software, such as redirect viruses or ad-supported programs attached to it. Those risks don’t pose risk to your machine, nevertheless they can be infuriating. Users might expect that choosing Default mode when installing freeware is the right decision, nevertheless we ought to advise you that this is not the case. Default settings won’t caution one about any affixed items and they will set up automatically. Pick Advanced or Custom installation mode if you do not wish to have to eliminate Landslide Search and something related. Merely uncheck the boxes of all affixed items, then users may proceed with the installation as usual.
Your browser will be hijacked by hijackers, like the category implies. It’s useless putting time into changing browsers. Some users may be shocked when they discover that Landslide Search was set as users’ homepage and new tabs. These types of reconfigurations were executed without consenting to it, and the only way to alter the settings would be to first abolish Landslide Search and only then in a manual way alter the settings. The website will present a search portal that will place advertisements into the results. Redirect viruses are created to redirect, thus do not think it will present you valid results. One might be rerouted to dangerous programs, therefore therefore they must be evaded. As all it presents you with may be seen elsewhere, we firmly think that users must eliminate Landslide Search.
How to remove Landslide Search
Knowing its concealment place will help you to eliminate Landslide Search. If one bumps into complications, however, one needs to make use of a dependable deletion utility to eliminate this exact infection. Your browser issues in connection to this threat will probably be fixed after complete Landslide Search removal.
Download Removal Toolto scan for Landslide SearchUse our recommended removal tool to scan for Landslide Search. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Landslide Search and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Landslide Search and related programs.
Remove Landslide Search from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Landslide Search from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Landslide Search from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Landslide Search from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Landslide Search or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Landslide Search from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Landslide Search from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Landslide Search from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Landslide Search from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Landslide Search and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.