What is Poshukach.com
Poshukach.com is a highly questionable website that is pushed by a browser hijacker. If Poshukach.com is set as your homepage/new tabs, and you don’t remember making this change, a browser hijacker is installed on your computer. It’s not a serious infection, though it can be annoying. Its primary purpose is to redirect you to sponsored websites, and it does that by altering search results, which is made possible by setting Poshukach.com as your search engine. While most sites you may be redirected to will be harmless, some may lead you to malware and scams. This can disrupt your regular browsing in a significant way because you will be spammed with ads every time you try to search for something.
Even if browser hijackers aren’t dangerous infections, there is no reason to keep them installed. They install without permission, make unwanted changes, try to redirect to sponsored websites, and collect browsing information. The sooner you remove Poshukach.com browser hijacker from your computer, the better.
How do browser hijackers install?
Infections like browser hijackers and adware usually install via free software bundles. Software bundling is essentially adding additional offers to programs, which allows them to install alongside without requiring explicit permission from users. It’s a rather controversial installation method because of it, and most anti-virus programs detect programs that use it as potentially unwanted. While the offers are optional, many users end up installing them accidentally because they are hidden. Users aren’t even aware of these installations until it’s too late. However, it’s possible to prevent these unwanted installations, provided you know how to do it.
When installing free programs, particularly those downloaded from non-official websites, it’s important that you pay attention to the process. Most importantly, you need to opt for Advanced (Custom) settings instead of Default. Where Default settings will hide the offers, Advanced will make them visible, as well as allow you to deselect everything. Unchecking the boxes is enough to prevent them from installing.
Considering that most free programs will come with these offers, it’s a good idea to always pay attention during installation. Otherwise, your computer will fill up with loads of unwanted programs that cause issues.
Can Poshukach.com harm the computer?
The only good thing about browser hijackers is that they are very noticeable, allowing users to get rid of them much quicker. After all, it’s difficult to not notice that your homepage and new tabs have been changed. In this case, Poshukach.com is set as the homepage/new tabs. It also sets it as the default search engine. These changes can affect all popular browsers, including Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. And once they’re implemented, the changes are not revocable while the hijacker remains installed.
Poshukach.com looks like a typical browser hijacker promoted website, it has a search box and nothing else. If you use the search bar or perform a search using your browser’s address bar, you will be shown modified search results by poshukach.com. We don’t recommend interacting with any of the search results because while most of them will be harmless, some of them may lead to sites that hide malware or promote scams. The sponsored results will also have very little to do with what you were searching for.
We should also mention that browser hijackers track browsing and collect information, including what sites you visit, what you search for, what kind of content you interact with, as well as your IP address. This information is also usually shared with third parties. Though hijackers don’t collect personal or identifiable information, their data collection practices are still intrusive enough to warrant their removal. There’s really no reason to put up with this kind of intrusive behavior.
If you have very little experience with uninstalling persistent infections, it would be easiest to use anti-virus software to delete Poshukach.com browser hijacker. Most anti-virus programs don’t only get rid of hijackers, they also undo setting changes, allowing you to return to normal browsing quicker. However, you can uninstall Poshukach.com manually as well. Instructions will be provided at the very end of the report if you are not sure of what to do.
Download Removal Toolto scan for Poshukach.comUse our recommended removal tool to scan for Poshukach.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Poshukach.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Poshukach.com and related programs.
Remove Poshukach.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Poshukach.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Poshukach.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Poshukach.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Poshukach.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Poshukach.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Poshukach.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Poshukach.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Poshukach.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Poshukach.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.