About Pure Dark Adware
Pure Dark Adware intends to show you as many adverts as possible since it’s an adware infection. Adware isn’t believed to be a particularly harmful compared to actual malware. It’ll cause trouble for you but it should not directly harm your device. The most clear signs of adware are unusual redirects to strange pages, and a sudden increase in ads and pop-ups when browsing. Adware might not be a dangerous infection itself, but its displayed advertisements are another story. Adware advertisements are not checked meaning all types of content, such as tech-support scams, malware and bogus giveaways might be promoted.
Freeware bundles is commonly how adware is installed on a device. Adware, as well as other infections, comes comes attached to free programs as an additional offer which permits it to install alongside. Even if the offers are not obligatory, the majority of users end up installing them accidentally, simply because they do not uncheck them. The proceeding section of the article will explain how you can stop these unnecessary installations, so we advise reading it attentively.
Adware distribution methods
Software bundling is often how adware installs because it would not be installed by anyone otherwise. To put it simply, adware as well as other infections mostly come adjoined as additional offers to free software, which is why they are permitted to install alongside. While the offers are not obligatory, they are made to install by default and concealed, which makes software bundling a suspicious method of installation. Those adjoined offers can install because users miss them when installing freeware, which happens because they don’t pay sufficient attention.
These undesirable installations are easy to prevent, as long as you pay attention to how you install freeware. Always select Advanced (Custom) settings when given the choice. Unlike Default, Advanced settings will make all hidden offers visible and authorize you to deselect them.
What does adware do
The infection isn’t the most serious infection because it should not do direct damage to your PC, but underestimating it would be a mistake. When you browse using popular browsers like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox, you’ll start noticing an increase in advertisements because the adware will infect those browser. The ads you get when browsing aren’t exactly safe, so we would strongly suggest against clicking on any while adware remains present on the device. Certain types of adverts are more unsafe than others. Those types of ads attempt to fool you by claiming you should update your software, that your device is infected with something and you need to call tech-support, or you have been chosen to take part in a giveaway. Tech-support scams want to get your money, installing fake updates can usually lead to malware infections, and fake giveaways want your sensitive data.
Avast, Kaspersky, Symantec, Malwarebytes, AVG and other anti-virus software detect the infection as Pure Dark Adware. Having anti-virus software remove Pure Dark Adware would be easiest.
How to delete Pure Dark Adware
The easiest way to uninstall Pure Dark Adware would be use anti-virus software. We should note that adware might recover itself if you manually erase Pure Dark Adware but some files remain.
Download Removal Toolto scan for Pure Dark AdwareUse our recommended removal tool to scan for Pure Dark Adware. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Pure Dark Adware and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Pure Dark Adware and related programs.
Remove Pure Dark Adware from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Pure Dark Adware from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Pure Dark Adware from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Pure Dark Adware from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Pure Dark Adware or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Pure Dark Adware from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Pure Dark Adware from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Pure Dark Adware from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Pure Dark Adware from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Pure Dark Adware and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.