What is Amazon Shopping Assistant Adware?
Amazon Shopping Assistant Adware is presented as a useful application designed to help people find cheaper products and save some money. We would not be surprised if it is the main reason you have installed it on your computer too. The majority of users soon realize that they have made a huge mistake because they start seeing advertisements and various pop-ups on their screens. If you already see ads and you have found them extremely annoying, there is only one thing you can do to change this – delete Amazon Shopping Assistant Adware from your system. It is recommended that you get rid of all suspicious applications that manage to enter your system because they might cause you problems even if it seems that they are almost harmless.
What does Amazon Shopping Assistant Adware do?
Amazon Shopping Assistant Adware should work as an ordinary shopping assistant that presents users with deals, offers, and coupons to help them save money. This does sound quite useful, but it is not. The majority of users who install Amazon Shopping Assistant Adware on their computers decide to remove it soon because they find all those pop-ups and various advertisements promoting websites with cheaper products extremely annoying. Since Amazon Shopping Assistant Adware is not considered the most trustworthy application, there is a possibility that it will promote unreliable websites too. If you purchase an item from such a website, there is a possibility that you will not even receive it from the seller, i.e. you might fall victim to a scam. You can still prevent this from happening – you simply need to implement the Amazon Shopping Assistant Adware removal. Once this adware program is gone from your system, you will no longer see any ads and/or pop-ups, which means that you will lower the chances of ending up on an unreliable page.
How is Amazon Shopping Assistant Adware distributed?
Users usually download adware programs themselves. They usually do so because they expect these programs to be useful. Additionally, they might be spread using common software distribution techniques like bundling. Bundling is a method of distribution when several applications are distributed together. Unfortunately, not all applications in a software bundle are reliable, but users find out about that when it is already too late, i.e. when the infection is already installed on their computers. This is one of the main reasons we consider the installation of an anti-malware application a must.
How do I remove Amazon Shopping Assistant Adware?
If you cannot stand all these ads you see anymore, and you are sure Amazon Shopping Assistant Adware is the one showing them, you must implement the Amazon Shopping Assistant Adware removal right away. There are two possible ways to get rid of an adware program. First, you can uninstall it yourself manually, or you can use an anti-malware scanner. To delete Amazon Shopping Assistant Adware automatically, you should only use a reliable tool. Keep in mind that even some malicious applications might try to convince you that you they are reliable tools, so you should first do research before you install any tool to remove Amazon Shopping Assistant Adware.
Download Removal Toolto scan for Amazon Shopping Assistant AdwareUse our recommended removal tool to scan for Amazon Shopping Assistant Adware. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Amazon Shopping Assistant Adware and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Amazon Shopping Assistant Adware and related programs.
Remove Amazon Shopping Assistant Adware from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Amazon Shopping Assistant Adware from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Amazon Shopping Assistant Adware from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Amazon Shopping Assistant Adware from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Amazon Shopping Assistant Adware or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Amazon Shopping Assistant Adware from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Amazon Shopping Assistant Adware from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Amazon Shopping Assistant Adware from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Amazon Shopping Assistant Adware from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Amazon Shopping Assistant Adware and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.