About this infection
Cl1kz is a highly questionable browser extension that could make changes to your browser’s settings and generate advertisements. It’s likely that you got the infection via freeware bundles, when you were installing freeware, and because you did not notice it, it was allowed to install alongside.
After its installation, you might find a different site loading as your homepage and new tabs, even your search engine might be changed. You would also notice that more ads are appearing while you are browsing the Internet. This is not the most dangerous infection you could get, it’s not even considered to be malware, but that does not mean it’s harmless. It could expose you to unreliable content, and that might lead to a serious malware infection. So be careful, and delete Cl1kz extension as soon as possible.
How did it install onto your computer?
Usually, users do not notice these infections installing, and that is because they install alongside other programs. They are attached to them in a way that allows them install as well when you install the program. You can prevent these unwanted installations by choosing Advanced (Custom) settings during installation, and unchecking all the boxes that become visible. Most users stick to using Default settings and that is why they miss the extra items. Make sure you always deselect them, and you will not be stuck having to remove Cl1kz extension or similar.
Why uninstall Cl1kz extension?
The extension is advertised as some kind of weather notification tool. It will supposedly display the weather but it will also cause pop-ups and ads to appear, in addition to changed browser’s settings. It’s primarily a Google Chrome extension but it may become available for other browsers as well. Your Chrome browser might have a different homepage and new tabs, and if this were to happen, the changes would be irreversible unless you first delete Cl1kz extension from the computer. In addition to all this, the extension might start generating advertisements and pop-ups so that it could make money from ads. The pop-ups can be extremely annoying because they will appear all the time, no matter what website you browse. The amount of ads might make your browser crash more often, and you could be exposed to unreliable content. While the extension itself is not dangerous, the adverts that it generates could lead to serious malware infections. So until you remove Cl1kz extension, do not engage with the ads as it could result in trouble.
Cl1kz extension removal
Manual Cl1kz extension removal might be difficult to accomplish because the extension prevents you from deleting or disabling it. While we will provide instructions to help you uninstall Windows Group Policy, if you encounter trouble, obtain anti-spyware software and have it take care of it.
Download Removal Toolto scan for Cl1kz extensionUse our recommended removal tool to scan for Cl1kz extension. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Cl1kz extension and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Cl1kz extension and related programs.
Remove Cl1kz extension from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Cl1kz extension from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Cl1kz extension from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Cl1kz extension from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Cl1kz extension or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Cl1kz extension from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Cl1kz extension from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Cl1kz extension from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Cl1kz extension from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Cl1kz extension and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.