ClickPDFSearch is browser hijacker that will alter your browser’s settings
ClickPDFSearch is categorized as a browser hijacker, because it hijacks browsers by performing modifications to them. Your browser will basically be hijacked by the hijacker, and by that we mean it’ll change your homepage, new tabs and search engine so it could redirect you. It wouldn’t be surprising if you were caught off guard by the modifications to your browser, since the hijacker doesn’t request explicit permission. Being randomly redirected in addition to changes in your browser are why hijackers are such irritating infections. The behaviour is also what reveals the hijacker’s presence. We doubt users will not see that something’s not right when they are abruptly redirected. However, in a lot of cases, users might not be familiar with what hijackers are and may put up with the behaviour and allow the infection to remain.
The goal of hijackers is generating traffic and revenue, which is why they redirect users to sponsored pages. Some of the sites you will end up on you might be dangerous, so you should be pretty wary. The website you’re redirected to could easily expose you to a malware infection or may scam you.
It should also be said that hijackers do not request explicit permission to install. An installation method referred to as software bundling is used, and it permits hijackers to sneak past users and install. Free software has extra items like adware, browser hijackers and potentially unwanted programs added. Those items are set to install alongside the freeware, unless users are aware of them and know how to manually stop their installation. It is not uncommon for users to be unaware of those items because they are hidden, meaning they cannot deselect them. If you continue reading, it will be explained how to avoid these unwanted installations.
ClickPDFSearch Hijacker distribution methods
Browser hijackers are not classified as malware so they don’t install by themselves. Oftentimes, hijackers deceive users into allowing their installation. This happens because hijackers are added to freeware as additional items and this allows them to install alongside. Specific settings need to be picked when installing freeware in order to even see the offers. Every single program available on those free download pages will probably have something attached to it. If you download free programs often, you have to understand how to prevent these unnecessary installations.
It is highly important that you opt for Advanced (Custom) settings during free software installation. Advanced settings will display all additional offers, and you will have the option of deselecting them. The application setup will recommend you use Default but those settings will install the offers without you even knowing. If there’s anything added, unchecking the offer’s box will be sufficient.
This is applicable for all applications you’re installing. We also recommend avoiding downloading from web pages that are hosting questionable applications. Your device will quickly fill up with rubbish if you do not control what gets installed. And compared to having junk programs removed, preventing them from installing is much simpler.
How dangerous is ClickPDFSearch
Hijackers are rather noticeable infections, even if you don’t see it installing. Whatever browser you are using (Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox), the hijacker will make unwanted changes to it. The hijacker’s promoted page will load every time your browser is opened because your homepage and new tabs will be set to the website. This is a pretty significant and obvious change, so we doubt you wouldn’t notice. You’ll also notice that the default search engine has been modified. If you use the browser address bar to search for something, you’ll be redirected to an unusual site and displayed modified search results every time. These modifications can performed without your authorisation, and might be hard to undo until the hijacker is uninstalled.
Some of the search results will contain sponsored sites which may lead to harmful web pages. For revenue purposes, hijackers redirect users by inserting those sponsored websites. The pages you end up on might be concealing malicious programs or promoting some sort of scam. It’s usually easy to separate between legitimate results and sponsored ones, as they have little to do with your searches.
The browser modifications and the weird redirects are why users should immediately remove hijackers. But hijackers sometimes remain installed for a while since users don’t see them as dangerous. Occasionally, users even allow them to stay installed permanently. Hijackers can expose users to malicious software, which is why removing them is a must.
The hijacker will also spy while you are browsing, gathering data about your internet activities. Your IP address, data on your searches and websites visited, etc, will be gathered. The hijacker could then share the information with unfamiliar third-parties.
The quickest and most effective way to remove ClickPDFSearch would be to employ anti-spyware software. If you attempt manual deletion, you may not notice something, which may allow the hijacker to recover. Any leftover files would be uninstalled together with the hijacker if you used spyware removal software.
You shouldn’t encounter issues when changing your browser’s settings as soon as the hijacker is gone. And in the future, pay attention when you install applications.
Download Removal Toolto scan for ClickPDFSearchUse our recommended removal tool to scan for ClickPDFSearch. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like ClickPDFSearch and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall ClickPDFSearch and related programs.
Remove ClickPDFSearch from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall ClickPDFSearch from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete ClickPDFSearch from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove ClickPDFSearch from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for ClickPDFSearch or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete ClickPDFSearch from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase ClickPDFSearch from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove ClickPDFSearch from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall ClickPDFSearch from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable ClickPDFSearch and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.