About this adware
ConvertMySearch adware will fill your screen with advertisements because its main objective is to make income. There is a high chance you will not remember the adware setting up, which means it invaded via freeware bundles. An advertising-supported software is easy to recognize, mainly because of all the adverts. An ad-supported application’s most telling symptom is adverts appearing all over the place. Those advertisements will come in all kinds of forms and could be pretty intrusive. Take into consideration that an adware is completely capable of rerouting you to malware, even if it’s not a dangerous contamination itself. Before you face serious trouble, erase ConvertMySearch.
How does ConvertMySearch behave?
You unknowingly give the ad-supported software authorization to set up, which is why you might not even notice its installation. It happened via program bundles, possibly undesirable programs are attached to freeware in a way that permits them to install along with it. There are a couple of things you ought to remember when setting up freeware. First, if some kind of item is attached to the software and you use Default settings during its installation, you will also install the offer. Second, you should pick Advanced or Custom settings if you wish to be able to unmark all additional offers. And if you already installed it, we suggest you to erase ConvertMySearch as quickly as possible.
Soon after the adware setup, many advertisements will start popping up. And the only way to get rid of the adverts is to uninstall ConvertMySearch, and the sooner you do it, the better. Most of your browsers, whether Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome, will be affected. The threat will begin generate more customized ads after a while. An adware collects data about you for that purpose, and that is why it knows what you would be interested in. For the most part, advertisements are pretty harmless, they are mainly trying to make revenue, but don’t be shocked if you were led to malevolent programs. An adware is able to easily expose you to something damaging because it doesn’t check the domains you will be led to. Terminate ConvertMySearch since otherwise, you may be jeopardizing your PC.
There are two ways to erase ConvertMySearch, and you should opt for the one best suiting your abilities. If you pick to terminate ConvertMySearch by hand, it may take a longer time since you will need to find the infection yourself. You will find a by hand ConvertMySearch removal guide below this report to assist you. However, if you do not feel confident with it, implement a professional uninstallation software to erase ConvertMySearch.
Step 1. Uninstall ConvertMySearch and related programs.
Remove ConvertMySearch from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall ConvertMySearch from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete ConvertMySearch from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove ConvertMySearch from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for ConvertMySearch or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete ConvertMySearch from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase ConvertMySearch from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove ConvertMySearch from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall ConvertMySearch from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable ConvertMySearch and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Download Removal Toolto scan for ConvertMySearchUse our recommended removal tool to scan for ConvertMySearch. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like ConvertMySearch and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.