What could be said about ConvertSearch
ConvertSearch is your usual redirect virus that can invade a PC without the user realizing it. It is capable of doing that by adjoining itself to freeware so that when users are installing that free software, they unintentionally permit the browser hijacker to get into as well. The good news is that your computer won’t be directly harmed by the hijacker as it’s not malevolent. Despite that, it should go. It will execute changes you don’t need to your net browser and will redirect you to advertisement page. Furthermore it may also expose you to malware websites. Since it presents no valuable traits you really ought to eradicate ConvertSearch.
How does it spread
Hijackers spread via free applications bundles. Even if those offers are optional, the majority of users install them anyway since they opt for Default mode during freeware setup. Make sure to always opt for Advanced mode, as that is where the unwanted items are hiding. There are a lot of freeware that travel with additional items, so always select Advanced to block not wanted installations. Those offers may be entirely harmless, but it’s better to be safe than sorry. If you notice it installed eliminate ConvertSearch.
Why is ConvertSearch uninstallation essential
Upon entering, the browser intruder will instantly modify your browser’s settings. Whenever your browser is launched, whether it’s Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox, you will run into the hijacker’s advertised page loading instead of your usual homepage. It will become clear quite quickly that you will not be capable of modifying the settings back without firstly having to eliminate ConvertSearch. The set homepage is rather plain, it will have a some advertisements flashing around and a search bar. Be attentive if you use the displayed search tool because sponsored pages can be adjoined among. You might end up being led to suspicious sites by the search tool and obtain malicious software. So if you want this not to happen, remove ConvertSearch from your OS.
By hand ConvertSearch deletion is doable so you can attempt that, just bear in mind that you will have to find the browser hijacker by yourself. You may also implement professional uninstallation applications to terminate ConvertSearch and it should be the easiest way as it will do everything for you. Whichever method you choose, make sure that you get rid of the browser hijacker completely.
Download Removal Toolto scan for ConvertSearchUse our recommended removal tool to scan for ConvertSearch. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like ConvertSearch and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall ConvertSearch and related programs.
Remove ConvertSearch from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall ConvertSearch from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete ConvertSearch from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove ConvertSearch from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for ConvertSearch or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete ConvertSearch from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase ConvertSearch from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove ConvertSearch from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall ConvertSearch from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable ConvertSearch and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.