What is Cool Search Browser Hijacker
Cool Search Browser Hijacker will make unwanted changes to your browser without your explicit permission. While Cool Search may be promoted as a useful tool that will improve the browsing experience, it’s actually a browser hijacker. Hijackers are pretty minor infections that mainly focus on exposing users to advertisements and sponsored content.
Once the hijacker is installed on your computer, it will proceed to change your browser’s settings without explicit permission. To be precise, the hijacker will change your homepage and new tabs to cool-search.com. These changes are done without permission and cannot be reversed while the hijacker is still installed. While the hijacker is present, whenever you open your Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Internet Explorer browsers, you will automatically be redirected to cool-search.com. These changes are made to make it easier to redirect you to sponsored websites. Redirecting to those sites is the main goal of browser hijackers.
While browser hijackers aren’t dangerous malware infections that can directly harm computers, they are not completely harmless. In some cases, hijackers can redirect users to dangerous websites that promote scams or hide malware. There is also no reason to keep this browser hijacker installed considering that it’s in no way useful to you. It’s also worth mentioning that browser hijackers collect certain information about you. That includes what sites you visit, what you search for, your IP address, what content you click on, etc. This information is also usually shared with unfamiliar third parties.
Since this isn’t a serious infection, it won’t be difficult to remove Cool Search Browser Hijacker from your computer. But it would be much easier to use anti-virus software because the program would take care of everything.
How do browser hijackers install
Infections like browser hijackers, adware, and potentially unwanted programs (PUPs) are usually installed by users accidentally. This happens because of the software bundling method. The way software bundling works is additional offers can be added to free software. These offers are permitted to install alongside the program they’re attached to automatically, without requiring any additional permission from users. In fact, users are often not aware of these additional installations. That is because the offers, while optional, are initially hidden. This prevents users from stopping these unwanted installations. Even if the offers are optional, they need to be manually deselected to prevent their installation.
Fortunately, preventing these unwanted installations is very easy. When you install free software, the installation window will recommend that use Default settings. However, if you follow this advice, whatever offer(s) is added, it will be permitted to install without your permission. If you opt for Advanced (Custom) settings, not only will the offers will be made visible, but you will also have the option to deselect all of them. All you need to do is uncheck the boxes of those offers. Once you have done that, you can continue installing the program.
Most free programs you download will have extra offers, which is why it’s important that you always pay attention when installing programs. If you allow these offers to install, you will fill your computer with junk programs that can be difficult to get rid of later on. It’s much easier to uncheck a couple of boxes than it is to later have to remove persistent infections like adware.
In some cases, users install browser hijackers because they’re advertised as browser tools that would improve the online experience. If you did install Cool Search Browser Hijacker knowingly, thinking it would somehow benefit you, you need to do more extensive research before installing programs in the future.
Cool Search Browser Hijacker removal
Browser hijackers aren’t serious infections so you can delete Cool Search Browser Hijacker both manually and using anti-virus software. However, it would be easiest to remove Cool Search Browser Hijacker using anti-virus software because the program would take care of everything. When the browser hijacker is removed, you will be able to change your browser’s settings as usual. If you wish to uninstall Cool Search Browser Hijacker manually, you can use the directions provided at the end of the report.
Download Removal Toolto scan for Cool Search Browser HijackerUse our recommended removal tool to scan for Cool Search Browser Hijacker. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Cool Search Browser Hijacker and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Cool Search Browser Hijacker and related programs.
Remove Cool Search Browser Hijacker from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Cool Search Browser Hijacker from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Cool Search Browser Hijacker from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Cool Search Browser Hijacker from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Cool Search Browser Hijacker or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Cool Search Browser Hijacker from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Cool Search Browser Hijacker from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Cool Search Browser Hijacker from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Cool Search Browser Hijacker from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Cool Search Browser Hijacker and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.