What is Dosearch Lite Virus
Dosearch Lite Virus is a browser hijacker that promotes a fake search engine tailsearch.com. It will either change your browser’s settings to set tailsearch.com as the homepage and redirect you to it whenever you open your browser, or will redirect you to tailsearch.com whenever you perform a search via your browser address bar. Whatever the case may be, it’s a useless thing to have installed on your computer. Browser hijackers are not particularly dangerous infections, they’re more of an annoyance than anything. Users often refer to hijackers as viruses but the classification is not correct. They try to redirect users to sponsored websites in order to make revenue, and that is their main aim. However, because hijackers can redirect you to potentially dangerous websites, they’re not entirely harmless either.
Because hijackers change browser’s settings, they’re very easy to notice, which allows for their quick removal. The easiest way to remove Dosearch Lite Virus would be to use anti-spyware software. You should also familiarize yourself with how these infections enter computers, and we will explain in the following section of the report. If you learn to install freeware correctly, you will be able to avoid infecting your computer again in the future.
Browser hijackers install via freeware bundles
Browser hijackers, as well as adware and potentially unwanted programs (PUPs), use a method called software bundling to install. Software bundling is essentially adding additional offers to programs. Those offers are usually the mentioned minor infections like browser hijackers. They are attached in a way that allows them to install alongside the freeware when users install it. They are optional but because they’re hidden initially and set to install automatically, many users don’t notice them, which allows them to install.
To correctly install freeware, you need to pay attention to the installation and opt for Advanced (Custom) settings when given the option. Unlike Default settings, Advanced will make all offers visible, and you will be able to deselect all of them. Simply uncheck the boxes and continue the installation.
Bear in mind that all programs you download from those free download sites will have added offers. Some offers may seem useful at first sights but we do not recommend allowing any of them to install. They will only clutter your computer. They can also be difficult to remove. You can avoid them by downloading programs directly from official websites.
Is Dosearch Lite Virus dangerous?
Browser hijackers are very noticeable infections because they change browser’s settings. The hijacker can affect popular browsers like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox, and once settings are changed, they are irreversible while the hijacker remains installed. This hijacker will either set tailsearch.com as your homepage, and it will load every time you open your browser. If it doesn’t do that, it will try to redirect you to tailsearch.com when you try to search via your browser’s address bar. If you do the search via browser’s address bar, you’ll be first redirected to tailsearch.com and them immediately to whatever your search engine is.
The hijacker is essentially trying to generate revenue, and it does that by redirecting to sponsored websites. As soon as these redirects start happening, users should take notice and immediately start looking for a cause. Unexpected redirects are usually symptoms of adware or browser hijackers. Because the redirects can lead to all kinds of websites, they could be potentially dangerous. So while the hijackers themselves are not particularly harmful, the same cannot be said about the redirects they perform. Users could be redirected to sites promoting scams or even malware.
As soon as hijackers are removed, everything should go back to normal. You will no longer be redirected and will be able to change your browser’s settings.
Dosearch Lite Virus removal
You can delete Dosearch Lite Virus both manually and automatically. If you have little experience with uninstalling programs, using anti-spyware software may be better. However, if you know how, you can easily uninstall Dosearch Lite Virus yourself. Once the hijacker is no longer on your computer, you will be able to change your browser’s settings as usual.
Download Removal Toolto scan for Dosearch Lite VirusUse our recommended removal tool to scan for Dosearch Lite Virus. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Dosearch Lite Virus and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Dosearch Lite Virus and related programs.
Remove Dosearch Lite Virus from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Dosearch Lite Virus from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Dosearch Lite Virus from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Dosearch Lite Virus from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Dosearch Lite Virus or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Dosearch Lite Virus from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Dosearch Lite Virus from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Dosearch Lite Virus from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Dosearch Lite Virus from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Dosearch Lite Virus and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.