What is eConvertor?
eConvertor (also referred to as Search.hconverterpro.com) is classified as a browser hijacker and a potentially unwanted application. Although it claims that it can improve your online browsing by providing you with relevant search results and quick access to your favorite pages, its main goal is to earn revenue through advertisements. You may have acquired the app willingly or, which is more likely, downloaded it together with other free third-party software and installed it by accident. As there is little point in keeping the unnecessary program installed, we suggest that you delete eConvertor Browser Hijacker from your computer without hesitation.
How does eConvertor work?
eConvertor Browser Hijacker functions as a browser hijacker by altering your preferred browser settings including your home page and default search engine. These preferences are replaced by Search.hconverterpro.com. The page itself looks like any other search engine, however, that does not mean that it is trustworthy. By interacting with the website, you will undoubtedly have to deal with sponsored content, which may appear in your search results or on the web-page itself. What is important to keep in mind is that the advertising data is not verified by anyone, so it could be misleading or completely false. That is why we urge you not to click on any suspicious ads or follow any links brought to you by the unwanted application.
As we have already mentioned, you should get rid of eConvertor Browser Hijacker, however, you should also know how to avoid such programs in the future. The most common distribution method used by this type of software is called bundling. Potentially unwanted apps arrive in free software bundles and are presented to you during the installation process. If you pay careful attention to the wizard and decline all optional offers that are not an essential part of your chosen piece of software, you should be able to keep unreliable programs away from your PC.
How to remove eConvertor Browser Hijacker?
You can terminate eConvertor Browser Hijacker by uninstalling its related program. Two ways to do that include manual and automatic removal. If you decide to delete eConvertor Browser Hijacker manually, you are welcome to make use of the instructions below. If, on the other hand, you choose to eliminate eConvertor Browser Hijacker and other unwanted items from your system automatically, you will need the help of a reliable anti-malware tool. You can find one on our website. The security system will scan your computer, detect all unsafe elements, and remove eConvertor Browser Hijacker with them. In addition to that, it will allow you to surf the Web without any worries as it will keep your PC protected online at all times.
Download Removal Toolto scan for eConvertor Browser HijackerUse our recommended removal tool to scan for eConvertor Browser Hijacker. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like eConvertor Browser Hijacker and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall eConvertor Browser Hijacker and related programs.
Remove eConvertor Browser Hijacker from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall eConvertor Browser Hijacker from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete eConvertor Browser Hijacker from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove eConvertor Browser Hijacker from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for eConvertor Browser Hijacker or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete eConvertor Browser Hijacker from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase eConvertor Browser Hijacker from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove eConvertor Browser Hijacker from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall eConvertor Browser Hijacker from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable eConvertor Browser Hijacker and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.