About IncognitoSearchPro browser hijackers
IncognitoSearchPro is thought to be a hijacker, an infection that will modify your browser’s settings without authorization. Free programs sometimes have some type of offers added, and when users do not deselect them, they permit them to install. It’s important that you are careful during program installation because otherwise, you won’t be able to prevent these types of threats. IncognitoSearchPro is not a high-level infection but its activity will get on your nerves. You’ll notice that instead of the page that is set as your home web page and new tabs, your browser will now load a different page.
What you’ll also find is that your search is changed, and it might insert sponsored links among the real results. The hijacker is doing that because it aims to boost traffic for some sites, and in turn, earn income for owners. Some of those reroutes might lead to insecure web pages, so be cautious not to get a serious threat. The malware contamination that you could get might bring about much more severe consequences, so make sure you avoid it. In order for people to find them beneficial, hijackers pretend to have helpful features but the reality is, you could easily replace them with legitimate extensions which wouldn’t redirect you. You should also know that some redirect viruses will track your activity and collect certain information in order to know what you’re more likely to press on. Problematic third-parties could also get access to that info. And the faster you terminate IncognitoSearchPro, the less time the hijacker will have to affect your device.
What does IncognitoSearchPro do
This might come as surprise but browser hijackers commonly come together with free software. We don’t think that people would install them willingly, so freeware bundles is the most probable method. The reason this method is successful is because users act carelessly when they install software, missing all clues that something could be added. Those items will be hidden when you install programs, and if you don’t pay attention, you will not notice them, which means their installation will be permitted. By picking Default mode, you could be allowing all kinds of unnecessary offers to install, so it would be best if you opted out of using them. Advanced or Custom settings, on the other hand, will display you those items. Deselecting all the items is recommended if you wish to stop unnecessary software installations. And until you have done that, do not continue with the free application installation. Dealing with the infection might take a while not to mention it being annoying, so it’s best if you block the infection initially. Reconsider from where you obtain your software because by using questionable sites, you are risking infecting your computer malware.
One good thing about hijackers is that they are not difficult to notice. Your homepage, new tabs and search engine will be modified without your explicit authorization, and it is unlikely that you would miss that. Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox will be among the browsers altered. And until you uninstall IncognitoSearchPro from the computer, the website will load every time your browser is launched. The browser hijacker will keep reversing the changes back so don’t waste time trying to change anything. If the browser redirect alters your search engine, every time you perform a search through browser’s address bar or the presented search box, your results would be made by that engine. You might happen upon advertising content among the results, since the infection’s main goal is to redirect you. Those redirects are happening because hijackers aim to help certain page owners make more money by increasing their traffic. With more visitors, it’s more likely that the owners will be able to make more income as more users will engage with advertisements. Frequently those pages have little to do with what you are were initially looking for. There will be cases, however, where they may seem legitimate initially, if you were to search ‘virus’, web pages advertising bogus security programs may come up, and they could look to be real at first. You might even be rerouted to websites that harbor malware. In addition, the hijacker might follow your browsing and gather certain kind of data about you. Some hijackers share the info with unknown parties, and it’s used to create more user relevant ads. After some time, you may realize that the sponsored results are more customized, if the redirect virus uses the gathered info. While it is not exactly the most dangerous infection, you should still delete IncognitoSearchPro. After you successfully get rid of it, you need to be permitted to change the browser’s settings back to usual.
It is not the most severe threat you might get, but it can still be very annoying, so if you just eliminate IncognitoSearchPro everything should go back to normal. Manual and automatic are the two possible options for getting rid of the reroute virus, neither of which should cause trouble. If you have terminated programs before, you may go with the former, as you’ll have to identify the infection yourself. The process itself shouldn’t be too difficult, albeit more time-consuming than you might have initially thought, but you are welcome to make use of the instructions supplied below. They should provide the guidance you need to take care of the contamination, so ensure you follow them accordingly. This method might not be the correct choice if you have little experience when it comes to dealing with not wanted software. You could obtain spyware removal software and have do everything for you. The program will pinpoint the infection and once it does, all you have to do is give it authorization to dispose of the hijacker. If your browser permits you to nullify the changes, you were successful in getting rid of the reroute virus. However, if the reroute virus’s page still loads as your home website, the hijacker was not entirely eliminated. Try to avoid redirect virus in the future, and that means you ought to pay attention to how you install software. Ensure you create good tech habits because it may prevent a lot of trouble.
Download Removal Toolto scan for IncognitoSearchProUse our recommended removal tool to scan for IncognitoSearchPro. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like IncognitoSearchPro and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall IncognitoSearchPro and related programs.
Remove IncognitoSearchPro from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall IncognitoSearchPro from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete IncognitoSearchPro from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove IncognitoSearchPro from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for IncognitoSearchPro or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete IncognitoSearchPro from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase IncognitoSearchPro from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove IncognitoSearchPro from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall IncognitoSearchPro from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable IncognitoSearchPro and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.