What is Jupiter Support Optimizer
Jupiter Support Optimizer is a questionable system optimization tool, regarded as a potentially unwanted program (PUP). A lot of similar programs are classified as such because of how they install on users’ systems and how they behave afterwards. Such programs usually use scare tactics in order to encourage users to buy the full program, which is one of the reasons why they may be considered to be PUPs.
System optimizers are advertised as tools that help to speed up a computer and improve its performance. They claim to do that by deleting unused files/programs, removing junk items and cleaning the registry. However, while such programs are full of promises of improved performance, they rarely deliver. Many tech specialists think that such programs are unnecessary, and don’t actually have a noticeable long-term effect on the computer. There’s also a whole group of programs that show bogus scan results in order to encourage users to buy the full program, which is needed to fix the identified issues. There are countless program like this, and we have reported on many of them (Computer Speed Optimizer, Speedy SystemCare, Power Speedup 2018, Power Cleaner 2018). Jupiter Support Optimizer may scan your computer and show you fabricated results, so we suggest you be very skeptical of what it discovers on your computer. However, we should mention that it is not a malicious program. It may be using shady techniques to get sales, but it’s not actually a dangerous program as it won’t delete files or steal your personal information.
A lot of these kinds of programs are distributed via the bundling method. If it’s installed on your system but you have no recollection of setting it up, it’s possible that it was attached to some popular free program you installed. Those attached items can install alongside the programs, and your explicit permission is not necessary. If you don’t manually deselect the offer, it will install. If that is how the program installed on your computer, we suggest you remove Jupiter Support Optimizer.
How do PUPs install?
The bundling method is often used to spread PUPs because it allows programs to install without users’ explicit permission. They are often attached to popular freeware programs, and are hidden during installation. Because they are hidden and don’t require explicit permission, it’s a convenient method to spread programs users wouldn’t install otherwise. Since a lot of freeware programs come together with added offers, you need to install software correctly. The most important thing you need to do is choose Advanced (Custom) settings during freeware installation. Those settings will make all offers visible, and allow you to deselect everything. All you really need to do is uncheck the boxes of those offers, and you can then continue installing the program.
It’s unlikely that you installed the program yourself, as there are too many similar programs for you to stumble upon this one. However, in the unlikely case that you did install it knowingly, we suggest you be more careful with programs in the future.
Should you uninstall Jupiter Support Optimizer?
First of all, it should be made clear that it’s not a malicious program, nor will it harm your computer. Nevertheless, you ought to be skeptical of it. It claims to better your computer’s performance, fix errors, remove unused files, and clean your registry, etc. A scan will be performed once the program is installed, and you may be surprised at the results. Oftentimes, such programs claim that there are tens or even hundreds of issues on the computer. The thing about those results is that many of those detected problems are very minor, or don’t exist at all. This is often a tactic used by programs to encourage users to purchase the full version, which is usually necessary to fix the issues. Of course, not all programs that first want users to purchase the full program before allowing them to use its full capabilities are doing this.
Before purchasing such programs, it is suggested to look into the search results to see what kind of issues were detected exactly. It could be detecting old registry entries as serious problems, when in reality they have little effect on the computer’s performance. And in general, when it comes to the registry, it’s best to be careful. Avoid program that mess with it because the outcome may be disastrous. It could accidentally delete necessary files, resulting in a broken system. Microsoft has specifically stated that serious issues can occur when you modify the registry incorrectly using these types of utilities. Thus, stay away from programs that have a registry cleaner integrated into them.
Overall, when it comes to system optimizers, there are different opinions. Many specialists say that they are completely unnecessary, while users think of them as useful. If you believe your computer could benefit from such a program, there are alternative ones for free. And when it comes to this program, if you didn’t install it, remove Jupiter Support Optimizer.
Jupiter Support Optimizer removal
You should be able to delete Jupiter Support Optimizer easily enough yourself. If you are unsure about how to uninstall programs, you may use the below provided instructions to help you. Alternatively, you may also use anti-spyware software to uninstall Jupiter Support Optimizer easier.
Download Removal Toolto scan for Jupiter Support OptimizerUse our recommended removal tool to scan for Jupiter Support Optimizer. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Jupiter Support Optimizer and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Jupiter Support Optimizer and related programs.
Remove Jupiter Support Optimizer from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Jupiter Support Optimizer from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Jupiter Support Optimizer from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Jupiter Support Optimizer from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Jupiter Support Optimizer or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Jupiter Support Optimizer from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Jupiter Support Optimizer from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Jupiter Support Optimizer from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Jupiter Support Optimizer from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Jupiter Support Optimizer and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.